Panoramic Ocean View- pay up if you need accessible!!!

I'm very frustrated. I want to try the Panoramic ocean view on Navigator of the Seas (Royal Caribbean). However, the only accessible cabin is a P1 (larger panoramic). The P2 is less than half the price. Generally, the accessible cabins are larger solely because you need the room for the wheelchair, but in this case, there are only two of these cabins and they made one accessible and one not. Then , they made none of the P2 available as accessible. Very frustrating. If I did not need the accessible cabin, I could afford a Panoramic Ocean View. But, I guess that is not in the cards. If the difference were not so much, I wouldn't care so much, but at the risk of sounding like I am whining, it just does not seem fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Understand your disappointment but Cruise lines are not required to offer accessible cabins in every category. In fact there are not accessible cabins in every category on the Navigator.

All rates are subject to supply & demand so continue checking prices. On my last Navigator cruise I booked an Ocean View Accessible because it was actually cheaper than an Inside Accessible cabin.

Understand your disappointment but Cruise lines are not required to offer accessible cabins in every category. In fact there are not accessible cabins in every category on the Navigator.

All rates are subject to supply & demand so continue checking prices. On my last Navigator cruise I booked an Ocean View Accessible because it was actually cheaper than an Inside Accessible cabin.

Thanks. I guess I just needed to vent. It is so very frustrating when looking to vacation and then having to have such small number of choices. I did book an accessible interior, wanted a balcony or ocean view, but the only other accessible available was the super pricey panoramic. No balconies at all. We will still go and have a good time. Just have to spend more time on deck I guess.

Thanks. I guess I just needed to vent. It is so very frustrating when looking to vacation and then having to have such small number of choices. I did book an accessible interior, wanted a balcony or ocean view, but the only other accessible available was the super pricey panoramic. No balconies at all. We will still go and have a good time. Just have to spend more time on deck I guess.

Personally prefer to book an inside accessible cabin and save the money not spent on a higher cabin category so I can cruise every year.

Enjoy but do get checking as rooms as well as prices come and go all the time.

I'm checking every day. Thanks!!! We are past final payment, so I am not holding my breath for much more availability. However, if something comes up, I'll jump if it's a good deal. I did get a great deal on our interior, but since there are three of us, there are not many possibilities. If one goes low enough, I may get two cabins and let my DD bring a friend.

If I did not need the accessible cabin, I could afford a Panoramic Ocean View. But, I guess that is not in the cards. If the difference were not so much, I wouldn't care so much, but at the risk of sounding like I am whining, it just does not seem fair

I know how you feel........I've been a chair for only a few years now and I have found that if I try and go to any type of event I have to pay for the most expensive seat in the house. Tried to go to the symphony last month, I just wanted the $10 seats but the only accessible seats in the hall are in the $80 section. Needless to say our family had to skip that show.