First time cruiser going on the Breakaway in December

Jpmxch

Hi guys. First time cruiser here and in need of some advice. I'm super excited about my cruise on the Breakaway in December and pretty much check the NCL and TA website (as well as this one) everyday.

Since I booked the cruise a month ago, I've had to contact NCL and my TA twice due to a price drop and a better promotion. I really want to get the best deal for my first cruise. I'm starting to feel like my TA isn't too big on changing my booking. The couple of times that I called, they don't seem too enthusiastic about helping me. Once, they actually flat out refused to help me to get the better deal saying it's not possible, when I know they are able to.

So my question to you veteran cruisers is; have you guys been in the same boat as me and do you think it's alright for me to change my booking so often(twice so far)? Any tips on this situation would be awesome :) I feel like there might be a better promo/price in the future, but it's been such a headache to get my booking changed.

Hi guys. First time cruiser here and in need of some advice. I'm super excited about my cruise on the Breakaway in December and pretty much check the NCL and TA website (as well as this one) everyday.

Since I booked the cruise a month ago, I've had to contact NCL and my TA twice due to a price drop and a better promotion. I really want to get the best deal for my first cruise. I'm starting to feel like my TA isn't too big on changing my booking. The couple of times that I called, they don't seem too enthusiastic about helping me. Once, they actually flat out refused to help me to get the better deal saying it's not possible, when I know they are able to.

So my question to you veteran cruisers is; have you guys been in the same boat as me and do you think it's alright for me to change my booking so often(twice so far)? Any tips on this situation would be awesome :) I feel like there might be a better promo/price in the future, but it's been such a headache to get my booking changed.

I always book directly with the cruise line. I have made several changes in the past with no problems. No idea why a TA would give you a hard time though.

.....book with a big warehouse TA, the service I get is great. I've changed bookings many times without issue.

Remember, the lower the price is also lower commission for the agent. Even though changing reservations is common thing, some smaller shops get hurt more by doing this a might try to steer the customer away from doing it to keep the current commission.

wasiii

Calling NCL is a waste of time since they cannot deal with you directly. The time to find out your TA's policy about price drops/cancellations/changes is before you book. Some don't allow it or charge for it. Anytime they help you get a lower price, they also reduce their commission, so may not be happy.

For the future, until final payment NCL will always help you with a lower price. Many want to use a TA for extra perks, but, there sometimes is a price to pay for that extra money/perks, this TA may be one of those.