pbsteve

Where should vaping be allowed  

423 members have voted

1. 1. Where should vaping be allowed

• Anywhere
    • Only where cigarettes are allowed
    • Anywhere but MDR and non smoking venues
    • Nowhere

Sorry but IMHO it is still a form of SMOKING. It should not be allowed. I say no it should not be allowed in cabins or any where else. You are still blowing you "vapors" in some ones space.

It is not smoking and I can vape right beside you and you will never know.:)

It is not just water vapor. It is not just PG, VG, and nicotine.

You can't assume all vapor is scent free based on the vapor being produced by a family member.

Many of them produce a smell. Many of them produce more clouds (vapor) then a cig produces clouds of smoke.

E-juice (the stuff that is in the devices that produces the vapor) is not regulated.

Many people even make their own juice.

Here are some of the common ingredients used in e-juice:

Ethyl Maltol

Malic Acid

Menthol crystals.

Sucralose

Better Stevia

Ethyl Vanillin

Caryophyllene Oxide

Acetyl Pyrazine

Aldehyde

Pure Grain Alcohol

*Diacetyl

*Acetoin

*Acytyl Propionyl

*diketonestyl,

*The ones with a star are all known to be harmful. And all creamy bakery flavors have some of those ingredients in order to achieve the bakery carmel flavor.

These are just a few of the most commonly used additives to enhance flavor. Then you have PG, VG Nicotine and flavoring. And we do not know what the artificial flavoring is made with.

Continuing on, since a lot of vapors are chasing big throat hit and clouds of vapor and flavor, they build their own ecigs. Not the entire device but the coils that heat the juice. This is messing with electricity. In order to do this safely you would need a lot of knowledge about Ohms, watts, volts and how they work together. There is a huge risk of batteries exploding and what is known as run away battery (thermal melt down).

All scary stuff.

I vape, I make my own juice, but I do not like the idea of people making their own rigs, juice and then walking around vaping everywhere. I am one of the few that vapes my own mix that ONLY has PG, VG and nicotine. Even at that, other should not be exposed to vapor that is produced by these 3 ingredients.

Educate yourselves. It is scary. There are many websites all about mixing and what people put in their juice. And again, the juice you can buy is not even regulated. So God knows what is in that.

Edited by Tutankhamen

It is not smoking and I can vape right beside you and you will never know.:)

You are still producing a "vapor" that disrupts other peoples space. It is just chosen not to be called smoke. By the way have had several people use them around me and they stink like heck. I can smell them.

You are still producing a "vapor" that disrupts other peoples space. It is just chosen not to be called smoke. By the way have had several people use them around me and they stink like heck. I can smell them.

And so does "MORNING BREATH".

Who likes strawberry flavored e-juice? Here is what is in JUST the strawberry flavoring:

amyl acetate,

amyl butyrate,

amyl valerate,

anethol,

anisyl formate,

benzyl acetate,

benzyl isobutyrate,

butyric acid,

cinnamyl isobutyrate,

cinnamyl valerate,

cognac essential oil,

diacetyl,

dipropyl ketone,

ethyl acetate,

ethyl amyl ketone,

ethyl butyrate,

ethyl cinnamate,

ethyl heptanoate,

ethyl heptylate,

ethyl lactate,

ethyl methylphenylglycidate,

ethyl nitrate,

ethyl propionate,

ethyl valerate,

heliotropin,

hydroxyphenyl-2-butanone (10 percent solution in alcohol),

a-ionone,

isobutyl anthranilate,

isobutyl butyrate,

lemon essential oil,

maltol,

4-methylacetophenone,

methyl anthranilate,

methyl benzoate,

methyl cinnamate,

methyl heptine carbonate,

methyl naphthyl ketone,

methyl salicylate,

mint essential oil,

neroli essential oil,

nerolin,

neryl isobutyrate,

orris butter,

phenethyl alcohol,

rose,

rum ether,

g-undecalactone,

vanillin, and

solvent.

Who knows how healthy any of that stuff is and then add heating it up and vaporizing it and the health consequences from doing so.

Edited by Tutankhamen

Who likes strawberry flavored e-juice? Here is what is in JUST the strawberry flavoring:

amyl acetate,

amyl butyrate,

amyl valerate,

anethol,

anisyl formate,

benzyl acetate,

benzyl isobutyrate,

butyric acid,

cinnamyl isobutyrate,

cinnamyl valerate,

cognac essential oil,

diacetyl,

dipropyl ketone,

ethyl acetate,

ethyl amyl ketone,

ethyl butyrate,

ethyl cinnamate,

ethyl heptanoate,

ethyl heptylate,

ethyl lactate,

ethyl nitrate,

ethyl propionate,

ethyl valerate,

heliotropin,

a-ionone,

isobutyl anthranilate,

isobutyl butyrate,

lemon essential oil,

maltol,

4-methylacetophenone,

methyl anthranilate,

methyl benzoate,

methyl cinnamate,

methyl naphthyl ketone,

methyl salicylate,

mint essential oil,

neroli essential oil,

nerolin,

neryl isobutyrate,

orris butter,

phenethyl alcohol,

rose,

rum ether,

g-undecalactone,

vanillin, and

solvent.

Who knows how healthy any of that stuff is and then add heating it up and vaporizing it and the health consequences from doing so.

Oh, my. No way is there that much stuff in a batch of one flavor. Now, get a grip on yourself:rolleyes:

Oh, my. No way is there that much stuff in a batch of one flavor. Now, get a grip on yourself:rolleyes:

Sorry, but that is what is in JUST one flavor.

That is the ingredients used to make strawberry flavoring.

Educate yourself.

amyl acetate,

amyl butyrate,

amyl valerate,

anethol,

anisyl formate,

benzyl acetate,

benzyl isobutyrate,

butyric acid,

cinnamyl isobutyrate,

cinnamyl valerate,

cognac essential oil,

diacetyl,

dipropyl ketone,

ethyl acetate,

ethyl amyl ketone,

ethyl butyrate,

ethyl cinnamate,

ethyl heptanoate,

ethyl heptylate,

ethyl lactate,

ethyl nitrate,

ethyl propionate,

ethyl valerate,

heliotropin,

a-ionone,

isobutyl anthranilate,

isobutyl butyrate,

lemon essential oil,

maltol,

4-methylacetophenone,

methyl anthranilate,

methyl benzoate,

methyl cinnamate,

methyl naphthyl ketone,

methyl salicylate,

mint essential oil,

neroli essential oil,

nerolin,

neryl isobutyrate,

orris butter,

phenethyl alcohol,

rose,

rum ether,

g-undecalactone,

vanillin, and

solvent.

So make sure your kid never eats strawberry flavored candy, especially the powdered kind.

I just use PG and VG in my e-cig, no odor.

So make sure your kid never eats strawberry flavored candy, especially the powdered kind.

I just use PG and VG in my e-cig, no odor.

If I chose to eat candy, that is not exposing other to it. I am also not blowing out heated vapor molecules of these ingredients that others will be breathing in to their lungs. Also, just because you only use PG VG, certainly doesn't mean everyone else uses Zero flavoring.

I vape, but that is my decision. Others should not be exposed to my habit.

Edited by Tutankhamen

amyl acetate,

amyl butyrate,

amyl valerate,

anethol,

anisyl formate,

benzyl acetate,

benzyl isobutyrate,

butyric acid,

cinnamyl isobutyrate,

cinnamyl valerate,

cognac essential oil,

diacetyl,

dipropyl ketone,

ethyl acetate,

ethyl amyl ketone,

ethyl butyrate,

ethyl cinnamate,

ethyl heptanoate,

ethyl heptylate,

ethyl lactate,

ethyl nitrate,

ethyl propionate,

ethyl valerate,

heliotropin,

a-ionone,

isobutyl anthranilate,

isobutyl butyrate,

lemon essential oil,

maltol,

4-methylacetophenone,

methyl anthranilate,

methyl benzoate,

methyl cinnamate,

methyl naphthyl ketone,

methyl salicylate,

mint essential oil,

neroli essential oil,

nerolin,

neryl isobutyrate,

orris butter,

phenethyl alcohol,

rose,

rum ether,

g-undecalactone,

vanillin, and

solvent.

Please share where this information came from. I know the flavoring used in e-cig juice is the same as candy flavoring and if this is true then we really should ban kids and powdered candy. :eek:

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner!!! We do not know what is in the juice people vape.

Here is a more accurate look at artificial flavoring:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flavor

I will agree that we do not know what is in everything we eat, drink, vape, breath, etc. Unless we decide to live in a bubble we will always be exposed to the unknown. Today it is the flavoring in ecigs, tomorrow it is the chemical's to make perfume smell, or beer taste like beer. I chose to live my life based on my feeling of wellbeing and my doctor's advise, both say vaping is fine and to enjoy it. :D I also want to add that as someone with Crohns I worry more about what I eat than what I breath, maybe the flavoring in all my food caused my Crohns.

Edited by medic123

I will agree that we do not know what is in everything we eat, drink, vape, breath, etc. Unless we decide to live in a bubble we will always be exposed to the unknown. Today it is the flavoring in ecigs, tomorrow it is the chemical's to make perfume smell, or beer taste like beer. I chose to live my life based on my feeling of wellbeing and my doctor's advise, both say vaping is fine and to enjoy it. :D

Thats all well and good, but others should not be exposed to something that we know so little about.

My pulmonologist has advised me to give up vaping. So your Dr says vaping is safe. Go figure. What would your Dr. do if you sat in the waiting room vaping? Then sat in the office during your check up blowing vapor in his/her face? Willing to bet it would not be allowed.

We can sit here and argue whether it is safe or not to vape, but here are the unarguable facts.

• We do not know the ingredients used in e-juice that others are vaping.

• We do not know the affects of heating up these ingredients.

• Artificial flavoring has many many many components which the FDA does not require to be listed on an ingredients list.

Bottom line, we do not know what is in the vapor being exhaled out of someones mouth after inhaling an e-cig. To expose others to our vapor is not only rude but also reckless.

Edited by Tutankhamen

If you don't exhale immediately and hold it, there will be no visible vapor.

Visible being the operative word. Also, how many people do that? If vaping was allowed do you think everyone would hold the vapor in their lungs?

It is irresponsible to expose others to vapor produced by unknown ingredients and potential danger of heating up these ingredients.

Now, should we talk about the wicks that are used in ecigs?

Fiberglass. Cotton. How about silica??

Edited by Tutankhamen

Thats all well and good, but others should not be exposed to something that we know so little about.

My pulmonologist has advised me to give up vaping. So your Dr says vaping is safe. Go figure. What would your Dr. do if you sat in the waiting room vaping? Then sat in the office during your check up blowing vapor in his/her face? Willing to bet it would not be allowed.

We can sit here and argue whether it is safe or not to vape, but here are the unarguable facts.

• We do not know the ingredients used in e-juice that others are vaping.

• We do not know the affects of heating up these ingredients.

• Artificial flavoring has many many many components which the FDA does not require to be listed on an ingredients list.

Bottom line, we do not know what is in the vapor being exhaled out of someones mouth after inhaling an e-cig. To expose others to our vapor is not only rude but also reckless.

Just to answer your questions: I do vape in my doctors waiting room and I do vape in his office. He did the medical research prior to allowing it. My doctor did advise my husband to reduce his nicotine level due to his high blood pressure.

Bottom line is that we do not know what is being exhaled from anyone's mouth, not just vapors.

Only fair to add: my doctor vapes after many years of smoking, he recommends it to all of his smoking patients.

Edited by medic123