Transportation From Heathrow to Gatwick

My wife and I will be needing private car transportation from Heathrow to Gatwick on our upcoming cruise. I realize there is bus service between the two airports, but would like to consider private car service. Can anyone offer any suggestions on a car service that they have been pleased with along with their contact information, including web site, if available?

Thanks,

Keith

if you do a search on this board you will not only find their e-mail address but many rave reviews about this company. here is one right now!!!

my parents were on the QM2 last spring and when they came back.....they raved about this limo company so much you would have thought that this was an excursion!!!

the service is amazing.....the quality is very "british". they also couldn't say enough about the owners cheryl and brian. don't just take my word......do a search!!!

I too would heartily recommend woodford -

(I have a 'review' elsewhere on this boards, the title of which is

Another Recommendation for Car Services in the South of England --- WOODFORD CH. CARS)

I learned from reading the CC message boards, and I'm happy I can 'return the favor' and pass along this recommendation. Check them out!

http://www.woodfordchauffeurcars.co.uk

They are very reliable ---- and very reasonable.

Good luck, and have a good trip.

phyllis

My wife and I will be needing private car transportation from Heathrow to Gatwick on our upcoming cruise. I realize there is bus service between the two airports, but would like to consider private car service. Can anyone offer any suggestions on a car service that they have been pleased with along with their contact information, including web site, if available?

Thanks,

Keith

Hi Keith1010,

The chauffeur company that I use in London is first rate and has never let me down in fifteen years

email; chauffeurdriven@ntlworld.com

John

Keith,

We just got back from London 2 days ago. We used justairports.com for 3 different car transfers while there, one being from Heathrow to Gatwick on a Sunday morning. Their prices are the best by far. Our cost from the Heathrow Marriott hotel to Gatwick was 54 pounds in cash. We were quoted other prices near and one over 100 pounds.

They also picked us up on our first morning in London and then took us to Heathrow on another occasion. They were very prompt and professional. But they are all independent drivers in their own cars. The cars are not always super clean on the outside. And the drivers do not wear uniforms. But they worked well for us and they were courteous and helpful and friendly. I would use them again if we were still there.

Good luck!

Ginny

PS Make sure you get the price confirmed along with your booking number. We had one instance where they charged more than we were quoted by about 5 pounds. I think car transfer prices are going up fast over there now.

I think car transfer prices are going up fast over there now.

Fuel prices have been rising rapidly over here which would explain the increase car transfer prices.

Yesterday I saw Diesel on sale at a motorway services at 99.9 pence per litre (which is about $6.70 per US gallon)

Nick.

Archived