Catamaran excursion from HAL

fuzzywuzzy

Hello: Just wondering if anyone has any information with regard to the catamaran excursion on Grand Turk? I would love to sail on the catamaran and experience this but I am not a very good swimmer or snorkeler. Can this trip be done without having to snorkel? Could we get from the catamaran over to the beach without having to swim? Thanks for any hints or tips.

Edited by fuzzywuzzy

I haven't been to GT but wanted to give you some info. I've snorkeled in many places, both ship's tours & private. There is no requirement to snorkel - you can just sit and watch others, relax, whatever. Every watercraft I've snorkeled from has life vests so you could just get into the water & float if you wanted. As for getting from the catamaran to the beach without swimming, I assume you mean could you walk on the sand, ie, is the water shallow enough - I don't know this but I wouldn't think so - still, with a life vest and "dog paddling" I suppose it could be done.

I haven't been to GT but wanted to give you some info. I've snorkeled in many places, both ship's tours & private. There is no requirement to snorkel - you can just sit and watch others, relax, whatever. Every watercraft I've snorkeled from has life vests so you could just get into the water & float if you wanted. As for getting from the catamaran to the beach without swimming, I assume you mean could you walk on the sand, ie, is the water shallow enough - I don't know this but I wouldn't think so - still, with a life vest and "dog paddling" I suppose it could be done.

Thank you. Yes that sounds good. Not sure if we will do this trip or do our own thing.