Juneau & Skagway shops

dmbehlke

Does anyone know if the shops in Juneau or Skagway close early. I thought I saw somewhere that some of the shops closed by 6pm. Just wondering if this is true.

Some might, but in our experience most of the shops stay open while there are ships in town. With many people doing excursions during the day, sometimes the last chance to shop is evening before returning to the ship and the merchants don't want to miss out on that business.

I really don't remember when the stores close. But I just want to say I brought a lined weather proof jacket. The front closed with a zipper and it had a hood. I now wish that I brought more than one. A lot of the stores have them and I paid $19.99 about five years ago. I brought mine in Skagway Mining Co. Most of the ports of call had them. I forgot to say that if but too many things just mail them home. For cross country use the flat rate box I think they should work.

Edited by geocruiser

I can't imagine the shops closing early or on Sundays. According to the local guide we had in Skagway those shops only operate on the cruise ship season and are boarded up the rest of the year. I am sure they want every opportunity to do business if any ship is in port.

What you miss in one town you can find in any of the next towns. Most of the stores are like cookies for a cookie press. :rolleyes: On our first trip, I didn't buy a plaque that I wanted, but found it in several stores in each of the next two towns. ;) Nice but identical for the most part! :eek: