Any Recent Sovereign cruisers out there? #2

We are booked for the Oct. 24th cruise on the Sovereign and would love to hear any reviews from recent cruisers. There have been some mixed reviews as of late so we would appreciate your opinions.

How formal is the formal night? How do most dress for this since this is such a short cruise?

We were on the Sovereign August 8th thru 12th. This was our first time with RCI after only cruising on Millenium class ships with Celebrity. To be honest, my expectations were low(smaller ship with more people / hundreds of kids running loose / size of stateroom). Boy was I wrong! We could not have had a better time. The ship was extremely clean; our room was small but functional; the cabin attendant was great; the shows were good; the food wasn't Celebrity but all meals were very good in the main dining room as well as in the Windjammer and Johnny Rockets. All of the staff could not have been any more pleasant or helpful. The day at Coco Cay was terrific. I remember telling my wife that if I don't wake up after an afternoon nap on the beach, not to worry because I went happy!:)

Just returned from Aug. 12-15, 2005.

The only thing we were disappointed with was the Windjammer. The food was okay at best and dry and bland at worst. We preferred to dine in the dining room and did so for most meals except the BBQ at Coco Cay.

Other than that the food and entertainment was great! Of course the rooms are small but it's not like we did a panama canal crossing or a mediterranean cruise where a balcony and space are necessary. We only went to our room to shower, dress and sleep.

Any specific questions can be sent to my e-mail: piphigoddess@yahoo.com

I just returned from August 8-12 on SOS and I have to say I was very disappointed I dont have much to base it on seeing as I have only been on Majesty 2 times before this but, I felt the staff and service was very poor and uninviting, they were not smiling they didnt seem happy and were not helpful. My DD ask a stewart in the hallway a simple ? and he barked back at her How do I know I am not your stewart or room service person. and mind you this was upon arriving. We Chalked it up and hoped he was just having a bad day we figured he was just one bad apple and ignored it and hoped for the best, but it just got worse everyday mind you for dinner we were prompt only to get our food served late. It seemed as thought we were always the last to be served and this was everyday and they would bring our salads and forget to bring the dressing they never scraped the crumbs from the table they would bring the bread over and there would be only one choice on the platter and not enough on the platter to serve the entire table. enough of that we did enjoy all the shows they were very very good, entertainment was excellent. We really enjoyed the comic magician and the other comic we didnt watch the adult comic because we dont feel you have to be dirty or swear alot to be funny but some in our group seen him and liked it but the other two comics were fantastic without having to be obscene. The show Dancing thru the 70's was bery good didnt care for Dancing thru the Movies as much it was good just not as good. Naturally the Quest and Love and Marriage were Great as always. Food in the dining room was very good too. the windjammer food was fine the best thing was probably the pita sandwiches atleast if you didnt like something there was enough choices that you were bound to find something you liked. Breakfast was Great also we especialy liked the omelet bar. all in all the cruise was nice I wasnt too impressed with the remodeling they did I dont think it was as beautiful as Majesty and the service and staff couldnt compare to Majesty the bad thing about that is that I had alot of first time cruisers with us that you would think they would give special attention to but they didnt unfortunately. Had the service and staff been up to par it would have been perfect, It is amazing how something so small as the staff ans service can really affect your attitude and cruise experience but it does considering you are constantly in contact with them, They just made us feel like we were a burden to them.

Archived