Just back from Voyager

LDinCT

Fantastic cruise, ship was beautiful, food was good, balcony cabin was nice.

Rumours that 6 dif. people/groups were thrown off the ship. Also that 30 extra secirity guards were on board to handle all the kids/teens on board. Lots of kids, but they weren't too bad. First night there was a lot of yelling at 4 am that everyone heard, but security must have gotten to them because we never heard a peep after that. Also parents please warn your older kids, not to try and bring anything illegal back from Jamaica. Heard the feds were waiting for 2 kids in Bayone. Not a way to end your trip.

All in all a fantastic cruise.

-It was almost too calm, never felt any waves at all. It was 9 days of sun.

- Food was good, always something basic to eat off the alternative menu if you weren't happy with entrees.

- ate in Portofino's which was nice

- missed the meet and mingle, I can't believe it

- could have done without Freeport, wasn't worth the cab fare to go to the marketplace. There was a straw market right outside the ship which was just as nice.

- Margaritaville in Jamaica was so much fun. Wasn't expecting to go there, but when we walked around the corner and saw the pool in the middle of the bar, well we spent a few hours there.

- Grand Cayman the beaches are beautiful, some of the nicest I've ever seen

- spent way to much $ in the spa, but with 5 sea days what are you going to do

- staff was excellent

- embarkation was fine, although we arrived later than expected. Debarkation wasn't great, although we were an hour late getting in, so that didn't help matters. Also 3 hours late taking off, while we were waiting for some trucks to come up from Miami with provisions for the ship. But didn't affect timetables.

- could always find deck chairs on deck 12, no matter what time of day. Then just would walk down to the Solarium pool. Pools were very crowded though.

- defenitely glad we got a balcony, for 9 days there are times you just wanted to relax and hang out on your balcony. Would have liked lounge chairs though, but no space for that.

Fantastic trip.

LDinCT

Yes, apparently they purchase all food/provisions from Miami and one of the trucks was late getting up. Lot of traffic, as it took us an extra hour to get there as well. Didn't impact us getting to Labadee on time. We had two days to make it up. Not sure why we were late getting back though. We didn't get back until 7:30 as opposed to 6:30. We had #3 color tickets and didn't get off until 10:30. Hope everyone made their flights as i don't think they started debarkation 'til 10 am.

Glad to here you had a great time.....I will be cruising on the Voyager on Sept 9th (Western Carribbean) and I can't wait. Can you tell me what the best night is to go to Portofino's ? Also did you get a wine package? Do you happen to know where you sign up for it?

Hey

Glad you had a great time on VOS. DH/I went on the 9-day on July 15. Was remarried on the ship as well and it was perfect. We loved VOS so much we are going to Bermuda at the end of October. How we are going to handle an inside cabin when we had a balcony will be beyond me but for a five day cruise we'll deal with it.

Sailing under the Verrazano is an awesome experience and the ship just makes it!

Welcome back and glad you enjoyed your cruise!

My family was at the show in the front row when the dancer did a jump and a sumersault in the air and feel on his back and hit the back of his head. We waited around till the end and Was with the Security guards they said he was going to be o.k that he hit his head and probably had a slight concusion.

We were just glad to hear he was going to be o.k. we were with 3 small children in front row and it was horrifying. The Cruise director looked in shock when he went to close the show. That sailing was really a mess anyway.

Will post a full report soon.

lrovnan:

DH/I were on the 7/15 cruise (9-day) and we did the wine package and went to Portofino. To answer you questions...

The wine package can be purchased by the Windjammer Cafe'. Across from the Windjammer entrance there are two tables set up. One is for the soda card and the other is for the wine. You can't miss either one.

Portofino is extremely crowded on both formal nights. Any other night should be fine BUT you must make a reservation. We went on our 10th anniversary (also our vow renewal celebration) which was on Day 8 and it worked out well. Food and service was fantastic and it's worth the surcharge.

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy!

Sailing on the "VOS" for a 9 day in Sept. and this will be Our 2nd time on this Ship. Sailed her in Her Innaugral Year and fell in love with this class ship. Have sailed on all the other Voyager ships but the VOS is my favorite. Glad to hear you had a great time and that the ship is in great shape. Thanks for your nice review.

Archived