3 Songs that Carnival Has to Stop Playing

Ph0kis

I don't dance much, (Yep, I've been known to get out on the floor for Gangnam Style) :eek: but hearing, and watching the crowd do all these dances is just part of cruising for me. Don't mind it at all. ;)

"SKY"

All those songs are great BUT put them in the Dance clubs at night ONLY. The Loud Blaring Hip-Hop I've heard makes for an annoying time on the Lido which is for relaxing and having fun and can be heard all the way up to the Serenity Deck at times. Play more cruise music / Caribbean music after all we ARE cruising in the Caribbean. IMHO

All those songs are great BUT put them in the Dance clubs at night ONLY. The Loud Blaring Hip-Hop I've heard makes for an annoying time on the Lido which is for relaxing and having fun and can be heard all the way up to the Serenity Deck at times. Play more cruise music / Caribbean music after all we ARE cruising in the Caribbean. IMHO

I totally disagree. You should consider cruising on another line. Also, don't forget people can smoke in the nightclub.

Edited by Kcarp

Been listening to those songs for many years and they mean Cruise, happy occasions, and fun! I love the MDR entertainment, the dancing and singing. It really livens up dinner. I also want John Heald to keep saying "arse," making references to his underpants, rumpy pumpy with Heidi and smoking cigars. If you all want prim and proper, peace and quite and the decks rolled up at 8pm, you can sail Holland America.

Please Carnival and other lines that do.... Please STOP playing these songs 500 hundred times in one cruise. I can stand it maybe one or 2 times but not every time I walk out onto the Lido Deck.

Electric Boogie:

Cupid Shuffle:

Cha Cha Slide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a82ijOetZEQ

We are on a cruise to relax and get away from being told what to do by our work, school, parents, ect... We don't need to be told how to dance from the music on a cruise too!

[End/Rant]

I disagree. I like these songs and dancing. You forgot to mention another favorite of mine...."The Wobble".

I personally like the music on the ship---just not the volume sometimes.

If I want quiet and a view of the water, I have ALWAYS been able to find a quiet spot somewhere on the ship that also has a water view.

I think this is partially a side effect of getting rid of the Calypso music on deck and replacing it with a DJ. When you expand the use of DJs to all day everyday you're inevitably going to hear a lot of the same music over and over again, all day. I noticed this on my Breeze cruise. On my most recent cruise on another line that still has calypso bands on deck the DJs were still repetitive but you hear A LOT less of them and generally only when I sought them out in the evenings.

I love to dance and love DJ music but I understand after my Breeze cruise why people feel this way... Sure, the DJ could be instructed to play a wider variety of music, but the better solution is just to not have the DJs spinning everywhere all day and bring back the live Caribbean music. IMHO the DJs should be playing in the dance club and at theme parties in the evening, not all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

A mix of both the DJ and steel drums is ideal if I had it my way. That Calypso music all sounds the same. I get tired of that too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Works for me. The calypso band has to take breaks after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Please Carnival and other lines that do.... Please STOP playing these songs 500 hundred times in one cruise. I can stand it maybe one or 2 times but not every time I walk out onto the Lido Deck.

Electric Boogie:

Cupid Shuffle:

Cha Cha Slide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a82ijOetZEQ

We are on a cruise to relax and get away from being told what to do by our work, school, parents, ect... We don't need to be told how to dance from the music on a cruise too!

[End/Rant]

Couldn't disagree with you more! We are on vacation to have fun and those dances are lots of fun!! There are always people doing them so people must enjoy them

How about the song in the MDR on the last night??? UGH! I've heard it WAY TOO MANY TIMES!! Well your bags are packed, its time to go, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah.

I love that song. To each their own I guess

As long as they don't play anything by Abba, Starland Vocal Band (Afternoon Delight) or Rupert Holmes (Escape - The Pina Colada Song), I'm good.

And as far as the tunes in the MDR, if some folks are tired of hearing them, imagine how the crew feels singing them. I personally find it fun.

Thank you for sharing this. It is one of my favorite songs. I could listen to it over and over.

Good friend says they play it at sail-away on another cruiseline and whenever she hears it, she's ready to go

I would rather not hear another Billy Joel song as long as I live. Wayyyyy more overplayed that the line dance tunes.
I was going to shoot someone if I heard Piano Man at karaoke again on our last cruise. That song is like six minutes long!

Wow are you guys the none dancers of the family? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I LOVE dancing, but I never do line dances. For me, it's fun to watch other people do them though, so I don't mind.

I think you like it. You sat and typed out the entire song. Admit it. Lol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Cut and Paste is your friend. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

I am the dancer of my family. You know the one that everyone looks at when the music comes on. I danced professionally for major concerts, venues and for artists. Plus multiple competitions.

I am never one to say that a particular style of music is bad even if it is not my taste and can enjoy everything to a point. Even the stuff that I do like.

Oh yeah and no need to complain about non smoking on the ship since I do not smoke.

Just don't want to hear the same songs that gets played out on the ship when I have to hear them at every holiday, job, wedding, birthday, ect... party all year. That's all. A couple times are fine, mix it up with a larger selection of line dances. Just don't play them on a rotation like the radio ruins songs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

you do know that if they can't get the license for the music they want to play that they can't play it? i don't know exactly how it works but a dj on the sensation told me they need permission to play a song. if they don't they can't play it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk