Reasonably Priced Hotels By Pan Am Pier

cjdixon4

My hubby and I are considering sailing on RCI's Adventure of the Seas in May 2015. Our intention is to come in a day or 2 in advance of the cruise.

If you've previously done the same, where nearby did you stay? I'd like to be at a hotel not more than a couple of blocks away (it would be great to be able to SEE the pier from the hotel). I need suggestions a.s.a.p. Thanks in advance! :)

My hubby and I are considering sailing on RCI's Adventure of the Seas in May 2015. Our intention is to come in a day or 2 in advance of the cruise.

If you've previously done the same, where nearby did you stay? I'd like to be at a hotel not more than a couple of blocks away (it would be great to be able to SEE the pier from the hotel). I need suggestions a.s.a.p. Thanks in advance! :)

1.Courtyard San Juan Miramar

2.Caribe Hilton

1.Courtyard San Juan Miramar

2.Caribe Hilton

Thanks Carmen. Did you actually stay at those locations? If so, I'd like to know what amenities you enjoyed most and what made the hotels attractive to you.

The only hotel near the Pan Am pier is the new Sheraton Convention Center and there is nothing near it other than the small airport and the pier. It's best to stay in the Condado area or Old San Juan if you're staying more than overnight before your cruise. Both the Condado and OSJ are very walkable with many good restaurants. If you've never been to San Juan you'll want to take time to see OSJ and the forts. We've stayed at the Marriott, Conrad, Doubletree, Sheraton OSJ, and Hotel Milano in OSJ and would recommend any of them.

My DH and I did what you were planning in June. The pan am pier is in an industrial area, so there are not many hotels that close. We stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan. Below is a pic of the Jewel from our Balcony at the Sheraton. Old San Juan is a nice area to stay. Neat things to see and restaurants are super close. Cab from airport to hotel was $25 (4 bags), and was $18 from hotel to port. Let me know if you have any other questions. ImageUploadedByForums1405403326.497106.jpg.76041cf72e17063c22fd864194630274.jpg

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

erniesband/bumbletigger,

Thanks for the insight on the location of the Pan Am pier. It's been YEARS since I sailed out of San Juan, and I don't think that I realized that it was as "industrial" an area as you've both stated. Sounds as though a hotel in the Old San Juan locale might be a good bet for us. If we come in a couple of days in advance of the cruise, it would be good to be in a hotel that will allow us to walk around and see some sights. Your hotel suggestions are also great; gonna research all of them for the best rates.

Another question: are there shuttle bus companies in San Juan, like we have on the mainland? Or is it just simpler/cheaper to take a taxi to/from airport and to/from hotel and pier? Based on what I'm reading, none of the hotels seem to offer any services of that type.