FLL Best Western Oceanside

palmtre2

This hotel seems to have all the extras for cruisers that Amerisuites, Sleep Inn and Comfort Suites has but they are on the beach. Checked out some reviews on tripadvisor, some good, some bad. Has anyone from these boards ever stayed here???? Any info will be helpful, we have 3 families looking for 1 to 2 nites pre cruise.

Be very, very careful with this hotel. We stayed there a couple of years ago and it was AWFUL!! Room smelled of mildew, water from faucets in the bathroom was orange, sheets and blankets were "doubtful". Our "view" was a balcony of the hotel next door. The manager tried to refuse the rates we were quoted when we made the reservation and if we had not printed our confirmation and showed it to her we would have paid a very high price for a dump!

The only NICE Best Western in Fort Lauderdale is Pelican Beach, and even there only the NEW tower is nice... http://www.pelicanbeach.com/

Don't get so hung up on shuttles, the SE 17th Street hotels as well as those on the southern part of Fort Lauderdale Beach are so close to both the airport and Port Everglades that taxis are quite inexpensive. In many cases it's not worth messing with the shuttles even if your hotels still has them, many however are eliminating or charging for them.

was at pelican beach the end of july. i posted a reveiw on this board and on trip advisor. i've stayed at the miami intercontinental (twice), marriott harbor inn ( ft. lauderdale), fountainbleau (miami) and pelican was by far the nicest. we had an oceanview suite which was awesome. the food in the restaurant was delicious and VERY reasonably priced. they are on the beach, have a pool AND a lazy river. the only warning is.......make sure that you're in the new building!!!

There isn't much around the Sleep Inn in Dania. Yeah, I guess you could walk to the nature center, but not much in the way of restaurants. There's a Walgreens next door, a Publix in a strip mall across the street and there's some sort of restaurant but I can't remember what it is at the moment. The area is safe, but it's not really an area that's set up for those without a car.

we have stayed at this hotel 2 years ago before a voyager of seas cruise,

it was clean and quiet, within walking distance of a walgreens where we were able to buy shampoo and anything else we had forgotton, the breakfast was great home made waffles fruit muffins etc coffee tea and juice,

the only thing was expensive to take the taxi to the port as no shuttle, another couple we met on the cruise were ina different hotel in same area and they took one local bus to the port, for just overa dolalr I think compared to our 25 dollar taxi.

Archived