Bahama cruise from Baltimore

Thinking of cruise from Maryland this summer.

We just booked the Pride. The prices were fantastic. Way cheaper than a week at the beach. And we can drive to the port. I looked at NYC and for a balcony cabin it was almost twice as much $.

We just booked the Pride. The prices were fantastic. Way cheaper than a week at the beach. And we can drive to the port. I looked at NYC and for a balcony cabin it was almost twice as much $.

Parking at the pier in Baltimore is also about half as much as NYC too. We love sailing out of Baltimore.

My family sailed out of Baltimore on the Carnival Pride in 2011. Both CCL and NCL had similar uninspiring itenary, but I went with Carnival Pride over NCL Gem out of New York because (1) Parking at the Port of Baltimore is much cheaper, (2) Port charges and tax at Baltimore is much lower, and (3) getting in and out of the port at Baltimore is simple and effortless. If I had opted for the NCL Gem out of New York, I would have to spend an extra 400 bucks in taxes for my family of four, extra 150 for parking, and 50 extra in tolls. 600 bucks can buy a lot of drinks.

This was back in 2011 before NCL introduced the Breakaway. If you want the newest and largest ship currently sailing the Bahamas, you have no choice but to go with NCL.

Edited by PCHENG

We have cruised the Pride out of Baltimore and enjoyed it very much even with over 800 elementary age school kids aboard. Stay on deck as much as possible for the run down the Chesapeake as it is quite interesting.

We live just east of Worcester and it takes us about 8 hours to get there. We always go down the day before. It never fails that we hit traffic in NJ. We have never been lucky enough to catch the Sox while we were there be have seen a game though. We stay right across from Camden yards and with/in walking distance to the Inner Harbor. Nice take.

Sounds like sailing out of MD can save us a lot of $$$. I like that, so we can do more things on the cruise.

Does anyone know the exact address of the pier. I would like to see how far the drive really is from Boston. I think only 6 hours or so.

2001 E. McComas St, near intersection with Key Highway. From Boston City Hall, Delorme Street Atlas shows 402 miles with travel time of 7 hours, 20 minutes. Street Atlas does tend to overestimate travel times.

Just came off the Pride yesterday, my fourth or fifth time on her. Great cruise, great ship, great crowd.

The only plus for sailing out of NYC is the beautiful view. Lots of majestic scenery sailing out of Manhattan. Nothing special about the sail away in Baltimore.

I have to agree that NYC has a beautiful view of the Statue of Liberty BUT Baltimore has Fort McHenry and going under the Key Bridge is very impressive. Of course I am originally from Baltimore so I guess I am partial. LOL Don't get me wrong, I have sailed out of New York and the Statue of Liberty brought tears to my eyes................Pat

I'm in Queens NY and we have done the Pride 3x with #4 coming up in a few weeks. MUCH cheaper to sail out of Baltimore than NYC, and you are in the warm weather a teensy bit sooner. We stay at a Hampton Inn in White Marsh which is about 20 minutes north of the harbor. This hotel -- and others -- offer a Stay/Park/Cruise deal where they will keep your car for a week and shuttle you to/from the pier. The rate for this package is only slightly more than booking the room itself, so it's well worth it if you are going to stay over anyway. The Pride is not one of the newest/fanciest ships but it's perfect in my opinion, especially for families with young children - easy to get around, not so huge you get lost, and the crew is fantastic.

I just went on the Pride in May. Absolutely loved it. It was, however, a smaller ship, but that didn't bother me at all. I have no negative complaints. Port was very easy to get in and out of, check in was a breeze, room steward and wait staff was great, comedy shows were great, nothing to complain about, but not being booked on another one yet, lol.

Enjoy!!

Thinking of cruise from Maryland this summer. Has anyone done this on carnival. Debating between this and out of new york city on NCL. Any suggestions which one. Just a note, we have done NCL a few years ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I chose the pride for my “free” cruise next month. I am taking my grandson. Originally planned to drive (6 hours from Hartford), but I was able to get $64 one way air on Southwest - $256 total (probably less then gas+parking).