Epic: Any Floridians been to Rome in August?

Lilystar

Hello everyone,

So I'm struggling with exactly HOW hot it will be in August in Rome. I live in Orlando and well, August is the single most hottest month of the entire year here. I hear that Rome is hot in August as well, but I'm wondering whose interpretation of HOT that really is? LOL! Like is it "Orlando hot" there? Same kind of humidity? I see that average temps are in the upper 80s and I know that in August, Florida temps are in the 90s. I aimed this post at Floridians because only us who live here know what "Florida in August" really feels like. Unless you've been to visit here in August that is. :)

I'm having a hard time trying to grasp how I (as someone who lives in Orlando) should pack.

Thanks for any info!!

I have been to your hometown many times in Aug. and in Rome in Aug. While the temps maybe about the same I think it is hotter in central Florida than Rome. I don't think it is as humid and the sun is not as hot .On the other hand you don't get the cooling rain in the late afternoon ( at least when I was there )in Rome . If you can hack the heat in Aug . in O-town than you can take it in Rome.(or anywhere else) Have a nice trip.

I have been to your hometown many times in Aug. and in Rome in Aug. While the temps maybe about the same I think it is hotter in central Florida than Rome. I don't think it is as humid and the sun is not as hot .On the other hand you don't get the cooling rain in the late afternoon ( at least when I was there )in Rome . If you can hack the heat in Aug . in O-town than you can take it in Rome.(or anywhere else) Have a nice trip.

Well I can hack the heat in August in O-town because I spend 90% of my time indoors in the central air. Which is a far cry from power touring Ancient Rome outside in the heat. I mean, I booked this trip knowing fully well what I was getting myself into, but as time has drawn on, I'm getting more confused about how "hot" it will really be compared to FL! I do hope what you say is true and it's less humid.

I was in Rome in August. And I'm a native Texan. IT WAS HOT. The worst part was the ruins (Forum, Palatine Hill, etc.) as there was virtually no shade. The rest of Rome was tolerable. Drink plenty of water and you'll be fine.

Good to know that tidbit about the ruins. I don't really have a day when I can go in the morning while I'm there so I have a feeling I'm going to be suffering in the heat.