Who just got off the Liberty???

bobbi3

If anyone out there just got off the Liberty I have a quick question. About what time did you get off in Cannes?? I'm trying to book train tickets and I don't wanna book too early (i have to allow time to get to the train station).

Thanks

-bobbi

Don't know where you're going so that you need to book tix, but the ship docks at 8:00am. We got off at 10:15 or so--we had tender tix #18. I think they call alot of the ship's tours 1st. The train station in Cannes is no big deal to get to anyway--when you get out of the port, walk to your RIGHT for a little while-- 'til you get to the Film Festiva Theatre--or even the Majestic Hotel--but no further--then cross the street and walk straight (perpendicular) to what you were doing. You'll run smack into the station. Should take you 20-25 mins max. A cab probably won't take you--it's not that far....

Bobbi, The capt got us to Cannes early. They made announcements for those NOT on tours (who wanted to get off earlyier than the tours) to go to a lounge to get their tender ticket. A Note... everyone in your group must be present at the same time to get a sticker. The lounge was not crowded and we got on the first tender, which is a local boat contracted by CCL and were in Cannes by 8 am. While I don't know if you will get to port an hour early I can assume you can get off ahead of the tours as we did.

• 3 weeks later...

BTW, make sure you plan on 45 minutes at least to get in the line just to tender back to the ship, especially if this is middle to late afternoon. Ufda was all I could say.

On a more sensitive note, because of the public beach right at the end of the parking lot where you tendor, be prepared to see topless women of all ages milling about. This was not the last thing I wanted to have in my mind as I left Cannes. :(

Archived