Ship Of Doom The Brilliance of the Sea

Quoted by Mike:

"

Does anyone really believe someone would carry 50,000 in cash on put it in the safe, would it even fit. And how would you explain that to customs when returning!!!"

Some one from the Tri State Area - sure.

If the denomination were 100 bills, one would need 500, $100 bills which could easily fit in the safe.

If you left with this money why would customs not allow you to return with it?

It does sound like a lot of money but they may have had a big wedding. I knew someone who had over 400 people and everyone gave cash in envelopes which the groom took along on their honeymoom - and they were very generous gifts.

Why would anyone take that much money with them on their honeymoon. Isn't that what credit cards are for??? And then on top of that brag about what they have. Only asking for trouble. I think that the article said that he was from money. Someone said that there was another thread on this subject. I have not seem it can someone lead in the right direction so that I could read up on this topic?

Quoted by Mike:

If you left with this money why would customs not allow you to return with it?

The thing is that they have to declare that they are carrying over $10,000 in cash with them and would no doubt have to provide Customs with a satisfactory explanation regarding the source or origin of this money and why they were traveling with such a large amount of cash. It is certainly not a regular occurrence and would, I am sure, raise the interest of customs officials. I, for one, would love to hear the explanation. :)

Why would anyone take that much money with them on their honeymoon. Isn't that what credit cards are for??? And then on top of that brag about what they have. Only asking for trouble. I think that the article said that he was from money. Someone said that there was another thread on this subject. I have not seem it can someone lead in the right direction so that I could read up on this topic?

He may have been given the cash gifts at his wedding reception, then boarded the ship the next day having not stopped to deposit it. My husband did that on our Honeymoon, took may $100 bills to Aruba with the intent of gambling back in 1978 when this was not chump change. There are many people in the area I live in who walk ariond with wads of cash to go three blocks to the store, so their logic when traveling to Europe is to bring a great deal of cash. Some people are like this. Is part of their culture.

He may have been given the cash gifts at his wedding reception, then boarded the ship the next day having not stopped to deposit it. My husband did that on our Honeymoon, took may $100 bills to Aruba with the intent of gambling back in 1978 when this was not chump change. There are many people in the area I live in who walk ariond with wads of cash to go three blocks to the store, so their logic when traveling to Europe is to bring a great deal of cash. Some people are like this. Is part of their culture. I would not walk around with excess cash, but I sure know of those who do and unfortunately some are not discreet about it.

The thing is that they have to declare that they are carrying over $10,000 in cash with them and would no doubt have to provide Customs with a satisfactory explanation regarding the source or origin of this money and why they were traveling with such a large amount of cash. It is certainly not a regular occurrence and would, I am sure, raise the interest of customs officials. I, for one, would love to hear the explanation. :)

Could each one of this couple bring up to $9,999 undeclared? Then they would only be responsible for $30,000. Who knows, maybe he saw it as gambling money and intended to spend it or just thought he could conceal some of it. If this is actually true he took all that money, he sure did not think it through.

:confused: Good article in the "National Enquirer" this week about the Honeymoon Cruiser who went missing from the Brilliance of the Sea on July 12th. Report mentions something about 50K cash that was stored in his safe. A must read for those interested in what may have happened to him. Let's hear what you think about this.

"Police fear rich newly-wed's bragging in ship's bar was a fatal mistake"

What I think is that the National Enquirer is for entertainment only. They sensationalize everything and I don't believe a word of what they print!

Archived