Best cabin location on the Dream

alyse207

Hey fellow cruisers!

My husband and two friends of ours are booked on the Dream in September. We first booked a cove balcony. I had never been on a cove balcony and the concept wasn't too appealing to me at the time. We took our first opportunity to upgrade to a balcony on the Verandah/8 deck. I have since seen numerous comments about the air conditioning being less than ideal. I have asthma and allergies, so a warm room for me = a very grumpy girl. We are so used to being able to freeze ourselves out on past cruises. So I guess I have a two part question. 1) has anyone else experienced rooms that were too warm on the upper decks? And 2) should I try to go back to the cove balcony anyway?

Thanks everybody!

Personally, I haven't had any problem with the A/C on the Dream. My cabins have always been as cool as I wanted them. I think where ever you are, you will enjoy it. That said, I LOVE the Cove Balconies. I've only had one since most of my cabins have been in the Spa area, but I loved the Cove even more than the Spa area. Just go and have a fabulous cruise.:D

Was on the Dream June 22-29 in a Spa balcony on deck 11. I was a little worried because I had heard about the rooms not getting cool. I never noticed any issue at all, even in the hottest part of the day.

Have a great time, we loved the Dream.

Hey fellow cruisers!

My husband and two friends of ours are booked on the Dream in September. We first booked a cove balcony. I had never been on a cove balcony and the concept wasn't too appealing to me at the time. We took our first opportunity to upgrade to a balcony on the Verandah/8 deck. I have since seen numerous comments about the air conditioning being less than ideal. I have asthma and allergies, so a warm room for me = a very grumpy girl. We are so used to being able to freeze ourselves out on past cruises. So I guess I have a two part question. 1) has anyone else experienced rooms that were too warm on the upper decks? And 2) should I try to go back to the cove balcony anyway?

Thanks everybody!

Hello

We are just off the Breeze which is the same as the Dream and I will say the AC was awful in many areas. We found our cabin to be very warm (10286). This complaint was shared by many on the ship as I overhead several conversations and joined in a few. I specifically remember cutting through deck 9 one night going from rear dining room to the forward part of the ship. I could not believe how hit the corridor was that night. Now since I didn't stay on deck 9 I can't say it was that way every night but it was hot.

Overall beautiful ship but poor AC which I forgot to put in a review I just did on the Breeze. Good luck and happy cruising.

Rich

I've had a deck 8 interior, a deck 2 porthole, and a deck 1 deluxe OV on Dream, and no AC problems. In January in our deck 1 room, the room became way too cold. We had to turn down the thermostat more than halfway for it to not be too cold.

I have had a cove on the Breeze, and I truly believe that these are the best balconies at sea, except for the aft wraps. This is especially true on the Dream class, since the coves are the only ones to look down to the sea and not to the deck 5 lanai. I also love deck 2 rooms because of being able to take the stairs to get off the ship or when coming back on, and when going to/from the dining room or shows or other nighttime entertainment. The elevators are so jammed up at those times, but I didn't need them. I only needed elevators to go to/from the lido deck, and there was never much of a wait, especially when using the forward set of 10 elevators.

Had the cove on the Dream. We had anytime dining. We were in room 2349! Loved the location was extremely quiet...easy to get to elevators and only 1 flight to dining room. Definitely recommend. Also no ac concerns. Just perfect!:D

Spa balcony on the Dream in January. We were on deck 12 with not much of an overhang for shade. Still no issue with AC. Our friends had a cove and they loved it, I think they had 2288, but not sure. They loved it and no AC issues. There was some concern about noise from the galley but they only heard it a couple of times and wasn't a big deal. I think I liked our spa better as the cove felt a little closed in and DW loves the full sun so cove won't work for her at all.