Satellite Maps of SE Alaska

CruiseIsGood

Also interesting, if you zoom in a little on Glacier Bay, Grand Pacific glacier is receeding into Canada. Will they put a customs stop there for cruise ships in the future? :D

It's also interesting to note the glacier silt in the water where the glaciers melt. It's not "cold water" as a friend asked. It's silt and maybe some ice.

I don't know how often these pictures are updated, but looking at some local pictures, it appears that some of these are years old.

For example, looking at the Philadelphia Stadium Complex, it shows Lincoln Financial Field in the beginning stages of construction. Lincoln Financial Field construction was completed in 2003.

My sister's house, which was destroyed in an arson fire set by her estranged husband back in March, is still there in the satellite picture of Elkton, MD.

I do like the technology, especially being able to change the active mapping area just by dragging the cursor, but don't depend on these pictures being current - or anywhere close.

JR

Cruiseisgood - thanks for a different perspective on what we'll be seeing in Alaska next week. I've been looking at pics from other cruisers, this week's views from the Infinity's webcam and now your links. Can't wait till we're actually there & I'm finally seeing all of this!! :)

Archived