Breakaway shows

Sponge4God

I hear everyone saying don't miss Rock of Ages, is there any other shows my wife and I should not miss? Can you just walk into shows or do you need to reserve your seats ahead of time?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forums mobile app

I hear everyone saying don't miss Rock of Ages, is there any other shows my wife and I should not miss? Can you just walk into shows or do you need to reserve your seats ahead of time?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forums mobile app

I could have missed Rock of Ages! I know in another post you asked for comparisons between RCCL and Breakaway. The theatre in the Breakaway is SMALL. Much smaller than any other ship we have experienced and we have taken many cruises. The theatre was full when we saw it. But.......quite a few left the theatre well before the finale and comments afterward indicated that some people found Rock a little bit to risqué.

We had made reservations online before we boarded the ship. There is a box office onboard for reservations, too.

My husband and I made it through the entire production. Afterward my husband said it, "is not for the faint of heart. Too loud and not very compelling".

That being written we had a blast on Breakaway at the smaller venues. We loved Howl at the Moon! We were singing and dancing and having a truly great time. We also truly enjoy Slam Allen. He and his band are not longer on the Breakaway. I hope they have been replaced with someone as good. We make our third trip on the Breakaway in October.

We, too, love RCCL's Promenades that offer the little sandwiches and other goodies. A direct comparison will not be found on the Breakaway. They do have a hot dog cart that can be found at different times in different places. Their are many places to eat on the Breakaway and we found ourselves at O Sheehan's almost daily. It is open 24 hours (free) and breakfast is really good. It is a sit down venue that allows you to watch the crowds walk by while getting table service. We also enjoyed the Shanghai Noodle Bar(not free......but not too expensive).

The Breakaway experience is different from the current RCCL experience, although with the launch of Quantum it sounds like RCCL is following NCl's path. Witness the dining on Quantum. (Witness the prices too! They have stopped me from booking!)

We have taken the UDP package and will be taking it again. We enjoyed different venues each night. And yes, we felt reservations were necessary. Others' experiences may differ.

Also know the atrium on Breakaway is also small. Bad weather makes it too crowded.

Enjoy!