Beverage Package Questions

DENNAS

First of all, I'm considering the Non-Alcoholic Drinks/Coffees Package

A few questions..

1.) Is a special card issued? Wrist band? Sticker for Cruise card? Just curious...

2.) Can you purchase this package onboard the ship?

3.) If I wanted to just walk up to Café Al Bacio and buy a Latte/Cappucino, hot or cold, how much do they cost? (trying to determine if it's worth it at all...)

4.) Is there a limit to number of coffees /sodas/ non-alcoholic drinks per day, if I buy the card?

5.) I noticed in one package it mentions premium coffees and in another package, different price, it mentions specialty coffees. What is the difference?

Thanks !

First of all, I'm considering the Non-Alcoholic Drinks/Coffees Package

A few questions..

1.) Is a special card issued? Wrist band? Sticker for Cruise card? Just curious...

2.) Can you purchase this package onboard the ship?

3.) If I wanted to just walk up to Café Al Bacio and buy a Latte/Cappucino, hot or cold, how much do they cost? (trying to determine if it's worth it at all...)

4.) Is there a limit to number of coffees /sodas/ non-alcoholic drinks per day, if I buy the card?

5.) I noticed in one package it mentions premium coffees and in another package, different price, it mentions specialty coffees. What is the difference?

Thanks !

Hi there!

1. You get a sticker put onto your SeaPass card that identifies you as having the package.

2. You can purchase the package on the ship, though I believe it is more expensive ($3 - 4 more per day I believe)

3. You can pretty much walk up and order any coffee you want, the only ones that I would think cost money are the alcholic ones, which you wouldn't order anyways.

4. No Limit, go crazy!

5. I haven't seen any different coffees other that the standard fare at the Cafe, someone please tell me if I am incorrect as I would like to know.

Hope this helps, enjoy your cruise!

Edited by JonnyCT81
Pricing

Hi there!

1. You get a sticker put onto your SeaPass card that identifies you as having the package.

2. You can purchase the package on the ship, though I believe it is more expensive ($5 more per day I believe)

3. You can pretty much walk up and order any coffee you want, the only ones that I would think cost money are the alcholic ones, which you wouldn't order anyways.

4. No Limit, go crazy!

5. I haven't seen any different coffees other that the standard fare at the Cafe, someone please tell me if I am incorrect as I would like to know.

Hope this helps, enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the quick response...

I thought the café only sells specialty type coffee... (so you pay...) someone in another thread said the regular coffee is free in the buffet area.

What am I missing? I wanted to get a hot specialty coffee, i.e. latte and maybe an iced coffee each day, and maybe a couple sodas... I drink mostly iced tea, so I am not sure if the card is ultimately worth it for me.

I don't know the specialty coffee prices on the ship (and soda prices too) since I only sailed Celebrity once, many many years ago.

thanks again !

Use search to find lots of info. Info you don't even know to ask about. Search package...

Checked it out, not finding what I want.

They all seem to be Alcohol related. I'm not interested in that. My questions are specific to non-alcoholic beverages- specifically specialty coffee prices if bought without the card, at the Café for example, (and soda prices as well... in general on the ship). That way I can compare and see if its worth buying the card at all.

Edited by DENNAS

If you purchase the package ahead of time, their is something on your card when you check in. I found the premium non-alcoholic package to be well worth the money as I drank about 4-5 liters of Evian a day along with cappuccinos, pellegrino, and other assorted beverages. It was really great to grab a bottle of water when I went to get off the ship without thinking about it. Also, the affogato alone is worth it - basically a scoop of gelato with a shot of espresso on top - yum!

Here is a link to the Cafe al Bacio menu: http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm#bacio

The espresso based drinks are $4.50. Since you said you like iced tea, they also have specialty teas available over ice for $5. They don't have regular brewed coffee at the cafe, but that is available at the buffet and through room service at no charge (I found it pretty weak though.) I haven't seen a good description of what is "premium" vs "specialty" coffee...some people say that specialty coffee is the stuff in the "Other Favorites" and "More Favorites" sections of the menu, but some people say they've been able to get those things under the Classic package.

I think soda is about $2-2.50 plus tip.

Thanks for the quick response...

I thought the café only sells specialty type coffee... (so you pay...) someone in another thread said the regular coffee is free in the buffet area.

What am I missing? I wanted to get a hot specialty coffee, i.e. latte and maybe an iced coffee each day, and maybe a couple sodas... I drink mostly iced tea, so I am not sure if the card is ultimately worth it for me.

I don't know the specialty coffee prices on the ship (and soda prices too) since I only sailed Celebrity once, many many years ago.

thanks again !

If it helps my mother in law had the non-booze package and she was able to get coffees and whatnot from the Cafe no problem, she never indicated that she had to pay anything when she got her morning Latte, hope this helps!

If you want to be 100% sure and you're not finding what you need on here, just give a quick call to Celebrity (1-800-647-2251) and they should be able to answer your question quickly, it's what they are there for!

Have a great cruise!

Here is a link to the Cafe al Bacio menu: http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm#bacio

The espresso based drinks are $4.50. Since you said you like iced tea, they also have specialty teas available over ice for $5. They don't have regular brewed coffee at the cafe, but that is available at the buffet and through room service at no charge (I found it pretty weak though.) I haven't seen a good description of what is "premium" vs "specialty" coffee...some people say that specialty coffee is the stuff in the "Other Favorites" and "More Favorites" sections of the menu, but some people say they've been able to get those things under the Classic package.

I think soda is about $2-2.50 plus tip.

Excellent. This Really helped a lot!! Loved reviewing the menu! So excited. On Summit next month!

My mum had the premium non alcohol package last year and she loved it. You can have all the cocktails but without the booze...smoothies,soda, hot chocolate, we had a version of the iglu...(we don't like coffee so they made us a chocolate one and it was gorgeous) and water and orange/apple/cranberry juice. She had a whale of time and never had to pay a penny. x :D:p:D

sodas are around $3 each and specialty coffees are $4.5-$6.

Cafe Al Bacio on the Summit is fantastic. Loved, loved, loved the white chocolate mocha (either hot or iced), plus the caramel macchiato or just an americano (my dad got his with just one shot of espresso and he loved it).

If you're at the Cafe, in addition to the coffees and iced teas, they also have a full bar so they stock the water and soda included in the non-alcoholic package. It was very easy to order a coffee and then grab a soda or water to take with us.

Loved having the package and really looking forward to it again on the Equinox. Cafe Al Bacio is a great place to relax, great coffees (or sodas) and lovely, lovely treats.

Thanks !

You can see the complete menu here: http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-cafe-al-bacio-and-gelateria

Use search to find lots of info. Info you don't even know to ask about. Search package...

If everybody used search instead of asking ( the same questions ) there wouldnt be a lot going on here

Plus things change , its no good finding out what people said last year

If everybody used search instead of asking ( the same questions ) there wouldnt be a lot going on here

Plus things change , its no good finding out what people said last year

Thanks daisymay! Kind of what I wanted to say. But didn't. Everything I found in my searching was alcohol related. Not what I wanted. You guys are the best!! Menus and prices and info supplied was awesome. I got my answers!!

Thanks again !

Every piece of info here including the links is already present in other threads plus even more info. It is nice that people don't mind repeating the same info.

Search can be helpful and it can also be overwhelming. I'm not sure why anyone objects to it's use being pointed out, many don't know it exists.