Water/soda

traclr

I have read the posts and as we are boarding in New York we will be able to put luggage tags on water/soda and have it delivered to the room with our luggage. The question is how much can you bring? You are each allowed 2 pieces of luggage so do they count the cases of water and soda as a piece of luggage? Thanks for all the awesome posts. I've been planning this cruise for a long time and these boards have been a wealth of information.

I haven't read what the actual 'rules' are, but if you're reasonable it will be OK. We have seen piles of luggage outside some rooms, which included suitcases, garment bags, a case of pop/and or water, etc.

Just don't go overboard (no pun intended) and I'm sure it won't be a problem.

You are each allowed 2 pieces of luggage so do they count the cases of water and soda as a piece of luggage?

You are correct about the official policy - max 2 pieces of luggage per passenger (each piece max 50 lbs). However, I have never heard of or read about this policy being enforced. I am certain that many, many people bring more than 2 pieces. I believe they have the published policy in place just in case someone really abuses it - e.g., someone using the ship to move a dozen pieces of large luggage from one city to another. They could then point to an official policy and prohibit it.

For us four, we each had a rolling suitcase, and a carry on.

We had a case of water, 2 cases of seltzer and a case of sprite.

Everything got to us no problem.

Make sure each case of whatever you're bringing has tags on it.