An Alaskan cruisetour with Aleyska?

lovetotraveltx

We had 7 bags total for our family of 5 and then plus our carryon. The only bag that we "checked" was the garment bag holding our formal wear. We each had a duffle bag that has wheels and second separated bottom compartment. We basically used that one for all our clothes and shoes. It's a good size, and holds quite a bit - I think the lightest one was 49 pounds. We definitely over packed and didn't need half the clothes we brought. The last suitcase was a regular size one that held formal shoes, first aid kit (thankfully only needed the band aids ) my little pharmacy and anything else that we might need. The remaining bags were tagged and picked up each day, placed under the bus and then delivered to our rooms at the next hotel. The one we indicated for cruise only followed us through the tour and if necessary I am sure we could have asked for it. On the bus, we had our carry ons. We could leave anything on the bus and it was secure, so you didn't have to lug it around while visiting or going for lunch.

I packed using extra packing cubes/bags, one for socks, pjs, tees etc. this way, it was easier to find the smaller items since we were living out of suitcases.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had 7 bags total for our family of 5 and then plus our carryon. The only bag that we "checked" was the garment bag holding our formal wear. We each had a duffle bag that has wheels and second separated bottom compartment. We basically used that one for all our clothes and shoes. It's a good size, and holds quite a bit - I think the lightest one was 49 pounds. We definitely over packed and didn't need half the clothes we brought. The last suitcase was a regular size one that held formal shoes, first aid kit (thankfully only needed the band aids ) my little pharmacy and anything else that we might need. The remaining bags were tagged and picked up each day, placed under the bus and then delivered to our rooms at the next hotel. The one we indicated for cruise only followed us through the tour and if necessary I am sure we could have asked for it. On the bus, we had our carry ons. We could leave anything on the bus and it was secure, so you didn't have to lug it around while visiting or going for lunch.

I packed using extra packing cubes/bags, one for socks, pjs, tees etc. this way, it was easier to find the smaller items since we were living out of suitcases.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you!

So I assume we remove anything that is essential from our airline checked bags at the hotel in Anchorage, and live out of our carry on bags for the 5 night cruise tour? Our carry on bags are the airline standard of 20 (DW's) and 22 inch bag for me. Did you carry passports, currency, and any other personal items with you at all times, like in a backpack or something similar?