3rd person in a Veranda Suite

myc6toy

We are contemplating bringing our daughter with us on our Dec Spirit cruise, but she is a litttle hesitant on sleeping on the pull out couch.

Are they very comfortable ? (I have yet to sleep on one that is.)

Thanks for any insight.

We are contemplating bringing our daughter with us on our Dec Spirit cruise, but she is a litttle hesitant on sleeping on the pull out couch.

Are they very comfortable ? (I have yet to sleep on one that is.)

Thanks for any insight.

If she's under 17, leave her home.....

When DH and my cousin and I travel together we always go to a triple. We did it on Cloud and we're about to do it on Whisper. My cousin is 6' tall and sleeps on the hide-a-way or roll away. She has said she was quite comfortable all cases. Granted, some were more comfortable than others (least favorite was Regent Mariner, most favorite Oceania Marina pullout). Our experience has been that the design avoids the nagging "bar in the middle of the back" so common with sofa pull outs in our living rooms. Sometimes the pullout has been twin size though if that would be an issue.

Hope that helps:o,

Greg

myc6toy, sorry to take your own thread off topic, :D but how did you enjoy the Monaco Grand Prix? I was wondering how you were getting on when I was sitting at home watching it live and the cameras kept giving us a shot of Spirit anchored there in the bay. It didn't make jealous, I swear :( I keep telling my husband that we must do it again but he's just not interested....

Anyway I hope you had a great time, presume you liked the Spirit as you're thinking of another cruise.

Edited by Ravenscroft

myc6toy, sorry to take your own thread off topic, :D but how did you enjoy the Monaco Grand Prix? I was wondering how you were getting on when I was sitting at home watching it live and the cameras kept giving us a shot of Spirit anchored there in the bay. It didn't make jealous, I swear :( I keep telling my husband that we must do it again but he's just not interested....

Anyway I hope you had a great time, presume you liked the Spirit as you're thinking of another cruise.

Ravenscroft .. The Monaco GP was great ! Typical Monaco race but seeing it live was a once in a lifetime experience. And sailing with Silver Sea made it even better. I have posted a review of our trip, so please check it out.

The DW is addicted :D ! We have book another cruise for this Dec and she is even looking at one in the spring :eek:

We are contemplating bringing our daughter with us on our Dec Spirit cruise, but she is a litttle hesitant on sleeping on the pull out couch. Are they very comfortable?
The sofas on the Spirit are the best I've ever seen. They are a pull-up rather than a pull-out. This design gives them the ability to use a nearly full-height mattress that is extremely comfortable, much more so than the typical thin, flimsy pull-out sofa mattresses I've seen/slept on the Cloud, Whisper, and Shadow. Although slightly narrower than a twin, the length is longer.

Ravenscroft .. The Monaco GP was great ! Typical Monaco race but seeing it live was a once in a lifetime experience. And sailing with Silver Sea made it even better. I have posted a review of our trip, so please check it out.

The DW is addicted :D ! We have book another cruise for this Dec and she is even looking at one in the spring :eek:

So glad that you had a great time. When we did a similar cruise to yours on Spirit, I wasn't interested in Formula 1, and I thought I'd hate cruising. It was my first cruise and now I'm also seriously addicted like your DW (it's an expensive addiction) and would love to go back for the Monaco Grand Prix.

Is your review in the official reviews section here on CC? I'll try to find it.

I've just found your review, brought back wonderful memories, thank you.

We'd been to Monaco previously, on a land holiday, but on the Saturday morning of GP weekend when we arrived there on Spirit, I opened the curtains and WOW, the view was amazing. And the yachts anchored around the ship were incredible, as you said about Cannes, with helipads etc. We were having lunch in La Terrazza on the Saturday when they were doing the qualifying round, and we could hear the cars even out there docked in the bay.

What a way to spend your 50th birthday!

It sounds as if you did the same tour as we did on the island of Elba, what gorgeous little island it is.