New Years Eve - Change in Formal Night?

On the Dec 29th 5-night sailing of the Brilliance out of Tampa, I understand that the regular formal night is Tuesday (the first full day, at sea day). New Years Eve is Wednesday and from what I've read there is special dinner in the MDR and everyone dresses up.

My question: Will they shift formal night from Tuesday to Wednesday or add an additional formal "recommendation" for Wednesday night?

Any other input on spending NYE of a cruise would be great.

Thanks.

Apologies for highjacking but I have been also wondering about the opposite for our Halloween cruise on the Navigator. LOL

Since Halloween falls on Friday which is typically the 2nd formal night I have been wondering if they would change it due to people wanting to dress up in costumes for Halloween. I had decided that no one would probably know the answer so we're just going to wing it.

I would think changing NYE to a formal night would be more common so hopefully you will get an answer. Cheers!

Edited by YadaYadaJodi

I have done 3 NYE cruises (they are the best!) and NYE has always been formal night. They switch if they need to but in my experience there has never been an additional formal night because of NYE.

There are live balloon drops in the centrum or promenade, deck party by the pool, free champagne for everyone at midnight. At dinner there will be tiaras, top hats and blowers for New Year's.

It's just fun! Live music so you can dance the new year in. This past year, there was a 2013 ice sculpture by the pool and when it hit midnight, it was slid into the pool and 2014 ice revealed. Very cool.

My next NYE cruise will ring in 2016. I can't wait!