Redeeming Carnival Mastercard Fun Points for OBC

tmarquez

If you've done this before, has the OBC shown up on your cruise docs before your cruise?

I redeemed mine about a week ago and it isn't showing up. i called and Carnival said they don't show up until the day of the cruise. that just doesn't seem right for some reason.

Thanks!

Edited by tmarquez
typo

If you've done this before, has the OBC shown up on your cruise docs before your cruise?

I redeemed mine about a week ago and it isn't showing up. i called and Carnival said they don't show up until the day of the cruise. that just doesn't seem right for some reason.

Thanks!

Last time I redeemed points for OBC nothing showed up anywhere til I was on the ship and then I found in our cabin on embark day OBC credit statements. Hope this helps

No, it doesn't show up. I called my travel agent about it, and she gave me a number to call at the credit card office. I checked with them, and they said it will be in my documents onboard. Just keep a copy of the e-mail you receive when the points are used for your own record.

If you plan to spend more than $1500 onboard on your Sail & Sign account you can charge it to your Carnival Mastercard and then redeem the Fun points on that charge for 1.5x point value and the Sail & Sign points are also available to pay off that amount. ;)

• 7 months later...
If you plan to spend more than $1500 onboard on your Sail & Sign account you can charge it to your Carnival Mastercard and then redeem the Fun points on that charge for 1.5x point value and the Sail & Sign points are also available to pay off that amount. ;)

I thought anything you charge with Carnival on the Funpoints MasterCard (onboard or paying for the actual cruise) gives you double points, not 1.5. And why does it have to be more than $1500?

Is there a different card that only pays 1.5?x?

When they mention the 1.5 points they mean for redemption on higher charge amounts. You get a better redemption value. For example for $100 redemption value if it's applied towards a charge of over $1500 you only need 6666 pts. If the charge is under $1500 it takes 10,000 pts to equal a $100 credit. The 2 points is when earning on the carnival mc.

When they mention the 1.5 points they mean for redemption on higher charge amounts. You get a better redemption value. For example for $100 redemption value if it's applied towards a charge of over $1500 you only need 6666 pts. If the charge is under $1500 it takes 10,000 pts to equal a $100 credit. The 2 points is when earning on the carnival mc.

That is exactly what I meant! Thank you! :cool:

if you can pay off the credit card balance monthly you are better off earning more points and then using the points to pay off the S&S charge instead of getting OBC. We used 86,667 points to pay off $1300 of a $1600 Carnival charge for our next cruise.