Question About PH on Refurbished Ships

Shawski

Do the bathrooms in the PH cabins on the newly refurbished smaller ships still have tub/shower combo or are there now separate showers? We love the PH on the smaller ships but DH has trouble getting in and out of the tub.

Thanks

The Owner's Suites and Vista Suites have had bathroom renovations with a step-in shower as well as the tub, but the PH suites remain tub and shower combo. Veranda cabins and below (Category A and below) have stand-up showers but no tub. Those showers are indeed a little small, but I have it on good authority that if both are reasonably slender, two can fit. The shower curtains have been improved and don't billow as much.

We don't like stepping over a tub either, and avoided the upper suites primarily because of the tub, until we were upgraded to one, and now like the penthouse well enough to "suffer" with the tub -- as long as we don't have to pay too much extra!

Of course, a physical challenge changes the situation. As long as I get the injections in my knees, I can manage it.

The Owner's Suites and Vista Suites have had bathroom renovations with a step-in shower as well as the tub, but the PH suites remain tub and shower combo. Veranda cabins and below (Category A and below) have stand-up showers but no tub. Those showers are indeed a little small, but I have it on good authority that if both are reasonably slender, two can fit. The shower curtains have been improved and don't billow as much.

We don't like stepping over a tub either, and avoided the upper suites primarily because of the tub, until we were upgraded to one, and now like the penthouse well enough to "suffer" with the tub -- as long as we don't have to pay too much extra!

Of course, a physical challenge changes the situation. As long as I get the injections in my knees, I can manage it.

Just back from a 7-night Seattle RT on the Regatta. This was our first Oceania cruise and we loved the ship and the Oceania approach - so much so that we booked another cruise on-board. I am working on the full cruise review now.

We had a stern A2 and, though small, the bathroom was efficient and suitable for us. The shower was a little tighter than one would like, but the first one I remember in a long time (perhaps ever for one with only a curtain) that did not leave the floor wet when I was finished.