Past Liberty Cruisers Passport Question

I recall on some site, somewhere a thread about cruise lines taking passports and passengers carrying copies of their passport or just their S&S card when ashore.

I have not seen this addressed since our first group of Libertites returned.

Would/Could someone speak to the passport administration of the trip. By CCL /the private hoteliers in Rome?

Thanks

I'm not on this cruise but this is my two cents.

Don't ever ever give your passport to someone else particularly a cruise line or hotel.

Always have it on your person in another country.

Make copies of your passport and hide one with your things on the boat and give another copy to someone at home.

Same question really, but from a Canadian perspective....were Canadian passports held by ship officials?

We are Canadian and were on the July 20th sailiing. They did not hold our passports as they do in the Caribbean. AS far as the hotels they just took down the information they required from our passports and then returned them to us. When leaving the ship we were told to take our sail and sign card as well as photo ID. We took our drivers license.

they did hold some passengers passports--not sure how they choose who's passports they hold--but on the last day they make a overhead page to pick they up at the pursers desk. they did not hold our passports.

Archived