AJ Dock-Juneau

granny6

We are docking at AJ dock in Juneau. The Juneau maps shows that it is 1 mile from AJ dock to the tram. We are taking an excursion that will meet us at the ship. If they will drop us off in town on the way back to the ship that is what we would like to do. We would like to take a shuttle bus back from town to the dock, or if our excursion does not drop us off in town, we would need a shuttle to take us back to town. Any one recently docked at AJ could you tell me if there are shuttles. Thank you.

Yes there are shuttles that run at least every 15 minutes all day long. We have seen many people walk it as well, but we always take the shuttle. Have never had ANY trouble getting a shuttle back to the AJ dock.

Yes there are shuttles that run at least every 15 minutes all day long. We have seen many people walk it as well, but we always take the shuttle. Have never had ANY trouble getting a shuttle back to the AJ dock.

Thank you so much, I had a partial knee replacement in May. Even though my knee is doing really well. I want to save my walking for the really important things, such as our excursions and shopping.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

lol My goodness...I keep bumping into you Hikini. :D You are a storehouse of cruise knowledge.

lol My goodness...I keep bumping into you Hikini. :D You are a storehouse of cruise knowledge.

Cruising is one of my greatest passions. How I wish I had known about Cruise Critic before my first 3 cruises!!!

Silly question but how do you know where you ship will dock? I don't see it on my itinerary. It just says arrive dock. We are taking the NCL Pearl.

It doesn't show on our itineraries, but for NCL they exclusively have used the AJ dock since it was built about 7 years ago.

Also, sometimes you can find that information on a cities port info. For example, Port of Seattle might show you where the ships dock and when. Port of Ketchikan, etc.

Just do a Google search. You might be surprised at how much you'll find! :)

Silly question but how do you know where you ship will dock? I don't see it on my itinerary. It just says arrive dock. We are taking the NCL Pearl.

Here is the dock schedule, there is one out that shows what ships are in port, but this one shows which ships and docks

I will post this again on this thread since the link didn't turn blue.

http://claalaska.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Juneau-JNU-2014.pdf

We docked at the AJ dock in May on NCL Sun. We picked up the shuttle back to the ship from the parking lot in front of the Mt. Roberts tramway. Don't know if they have other pick up/drop off stops in town or not but at least I know there is one there.

I have only had one experience with the AJD in Juneau and it was not good. With everyone rushing to get off the ship the lines were extremely long and people were cutting in line (making it worse).

We ended grabbing a taxi (which people we competing for). So heads up.

If your tour operator offers pick up at the ship it isn't an issue and of course your experience may be different depending on when you get off the ship.