Sunset Beach

Mojoscruise

Just returned from Jamaica on the Conquest, we went to Sunset Beach and it was great. The only negative was the jellyfish that were washing up on shore. Nobody has control over that so I dont blame the Resort. The Jerk Chicken at the snack bar was awsome. The facilities were nice and the kids found plenty of things to keep them busy. The $20 perperson fee was well worth it. Some suggestions if you plan on going is to bring a shirt with sleeves and shoes so that you can eat in the resturant and not be limited to the snack bar, if you order a rum runner and the bartender Adrain makes it, just beware, it packs a kick. He made the strongest rum runner I ever tasted. We had a great time.

Hey Mojo

Welcome back. We got stuck in Atlanta for 2 days as our flight was delayed.

Hey glad you finally made it home. We were home at 4:30 that afternoon. It was good to meet you guys. I hope you guys had as much fun as we did.

Hey Mojo,

Sunset was the best! Those things do pack a kick don't they! We were there as well w/Mojo and family, what a great place. Everything was clean and they had so many activites going on, ping pong, pool table, mini golf,etc.. and they had pool volleyball going on too. Just too many things going on to list, the DH and I liked it so much we were thinking of doing a land vacation there. Absolutley beautiful beaches and a great resort, We loved it!

Watch out for those drinks! They are powerful!

All these posts on this and the other similar thread are making me think that the Conquest might be the cruise for us after all :-) We have two little guys, 2 and 7, and I was having a hard time figuring out what to do with them at Montego Bay...

• 3 weeks later...

Can you get parasailing at Sunset Beach? We're looking for something/somewhere to spend time in Montego Bay after this being a new itinerary for us (we're displaced Carnival Elation passengers who previously had a Mexico itinerary) and parasailing is on our list of things we want to do.

But I keep hearing how great Sunset Beach is, and would love to visit there. If you can parasail from there, then it's a shoe-in for us.

Is the snorkeling decent? Do you see any fish/coral at all there at Sunset Beach?

The snorkling was ok but, since its included in the price you cant beat the price. I have snorkled in other places that are much better but like I said, its included.

Can you get parasailing at Sunset Beach? We're looking for something/somewhere to spend time in Montego Bay after this being a new itinerary for us (we're displaced Carnival Elation passengers who previously had a Mexico itinerary) and parasailing is on our list of things we want to do.

But I keep hearing how great Sunset Beach is, and would love to visit there. If you can parasail from there, then it's a shoe-in for us.

I didnt see any place to parsail from Sunset beach but I did see some people parasailing out in the distance just dont know where they started from.

We are taking kids and are wondering how rocky the beach is (is it enouh to be hard on kids feet), how many jelly fish (is it impossible for kids to play in the water safely), is there enough space on beach to build sand castles(heard beach is pretty narrow,did you tip for each drink?

Thank you for your answers...........:)

When we were there, the beach was not rocky, but there was some coral in the water in places. We wore water shoes. The beach is narrow but there are places to build sandcastles :) . We encountered no jellyfish at all. We were lucky to snag chairs at the end of the beach so used the walk up bar exclusively and tipped our bartender at the end of our wonderful day there.

1586968329_88JamaicaMontegobaysunsetbeach2.jpg.93f27150d95265be6598f2b746dac577.jpg

No reservations required. Just catch a cab at the pier and head to sunset beach. It was eight of us and it was $20 each way for all including a tip. They will take your sign and sail card and hold them until you leave. Just pay your way and have a blast.

Is there any way to avoid giving them your ship/sail card??? I'm not sure I like that idea!

:(

Nope. We all felt that way, but I've not read about one person who had any problems with the procedure.

Who holds your card? Sunset Beach or the Cab drivers? So if it's the cab driver, do they stay the whole time there? I'm kinda the same way about giving something important away to a stranger, but it sounds like it's ok...

It's Sunset Beach who holds the cards. My understanding is that they do this for two reasons - this $20 pp for all day rate is only available to cruise ship passengers, and so they need to verify. Also, this way they can ensure all cruise ship pax are off the property by a certain time - I think I read somewhere you have to be gone by 6:00?? As stated above, I have never read of anyone having a problem with this procedure. Look at it this way - you don't have to keep up with the card all day, while you are swimming, etc.!

Archived