Can I place a courtesy hold on the same cruise more than once?

ZoeyVictoria

Yesterday I found the perfect cruise (Victory during Thanksgiving week) with a good military rate, and placed a courtesy hold. I was approved for a BarclayCard Arrival Plus MasterCard last Saturday and am waiting for the actual card to arrive in the mail. Unfortunately, it did not arrive yesterday afternoon. I need to charge $3,000 during the first 90 days (way more than I usually run through a credit card) to receive a $400 bonus, so I definitely need to put the $498 deposit on that card. So my question is: can I let yesterday's courtesy hold expire this afternoon, then place another courtesy hold on a similar cabin? In case the card doesn't arrive tomorrow, could I do the same thing again until I have the card in hand?

Also, can somebody tell me how long the military rate sale will last? I seem to remember July 30, but the info is no longer on my start page.

I just received the email that the first hold expired. I have checked the prices (the same) and the dates of the military sale (until July 31) and verified the working hours of my PVP. I am going to place another hold this evening, allowing time to get home from work and check my mailbox tomorrow before that hold expires.

You mentioned "extending", Sarapdot. How can I extend a hold if the credit card doesn't arrive tomorrow? I received the BarclayCard approval email at 6 a.m. last Saturday; how can can it possibly take to receive the card??!!

I've been holding a spot for 2 weeks now . . . really waiting on price drops . . . its an August cruise . . . when its about to expire, I check rate . . . if same or lower (already reduced once), I cancel hold then place another new hold . . I am just holding a GTY room so I don't care about same room or anything.

I kept doing courtesy holds for the cruise I wanted for well over a month until I had the deposit funds to put down.

Every 24 hours I would just make another one and I also did it because I didn't want anyone else to get the room I wanted. I'm glad Carnival allows this little service.

I've had more than one cabin on the same cruise on a courtesy hold. I wasn't too particular about the cabin so I'd do a new courtesy hold on the same cruise in the morning before I left for work knowing the other would expire that day.

Everything is straightened out and the cruise is booked. The first courtesy hold expired. I placed a second hold (on a different cabin) and forwarded the courtesy hold email to my PVP, with a question about my options if the new credit card did not arrive today. He said the easiest thing to do would be to charge it to another card and when the new card arrived, he would cancel the charge on the first card and charge it to the new one. Fortunately, the new card arrived today as I hoped and the cruise is booked. I learned that there is some flexibility in courtesy holds, which may come in handy in the future.