E-Bay shopping - LuLu collections?

maina

Has anyone purchased from LuLu collections on EBay? I just received confirmation on my bid for a dressy sleeveless top and jacket to go with a long black skirt I already have. It's this one, which I got it in medium. (But it's nice to know they have one in large in case medium doesn't fit.) http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Xscape-3-4-sleeves-formal-jacket-blouse-set-red-size-L-/271525795490

I got it for $28, shipping is free, and returns are accepted, so I figured I had nothing to lose. Never bought clothing on EBay before, so just wondering about others' experiences with this company.

They seem to have a ton of nice (new) dresses too, but I'm not sure if these are competitive prices or not. http://www.everyonecollects.com/lulucollections?categoryId=63861

Going on 8-night Queen Mary 2 transatlantic in October with 4 formal nights, so am trying to do some mix and match with outfits to (a) avoid over packing and (b) not spend a fortune.

Ann

Except for the first few they appear to be competitive but in looking at that list and then clicking on the individual listings, it seems that the prices vary from one to the other. For instance, the Donna Rico for 511.99 .. when you scroll down the actual listing it says it is for sale for 39.99 and that the MSRP was $139.00 so there are some obvious problems.

I would be sure that you and the seller agreed on the price and that it was reflected as such in an EBay listing before I purchased.

It is easy to communicate with sellers through ebay so that shouldn't be a problem.

I am curious when people say they 'hope' it fits? In all cases when I purchase from ebay sellers if the information is NOT on the listing I always ask for the 'measurements' - that way I can check and see if the item will fit since sizing is sometimes so random and doesn't really mean anything! (e.g. I have seen an XL top with a 48 inch chest measurement and a 2XL top with a 43 inch chest measurement!!!)

Am I the only one that does this?

Thanks very much. I think they seem to be pretty flexible about pricing, at least judging by my recent transaction. The "buy it now" price for the item I just purchased was $33.74. I put in $28 and got it instantly (so of course now I wish I'd put in less :D).

Ann