MOCK Bookings Away - website fixed :)

snc_cam

After 4 days of the website not showing anything but PANORAMA cabins for any rate class, I just went in and found that it is working again... :) On to the MOCK bookings to see if I qualify for a rate drop... :)

I find since the last time I sailed with Carnival they have added these guarantee categories with no assigned room (at least I don't remember them when I booked on the Breeze). On that cruise right up to the week before l was filing claim forms and getting OBC to the tune of over 600 dollars by the end. In my opinion this is a way to get around the early saver rate price adjustments they had been giving and doing numerous adjustments on. They say these Lower rates don't qualify as you cannot direct compare cabin categories. So they keep the assigned room rates higher and sell the guarantee rate lower to avoid adjustments to existing rooms. I think in the future it may be cheaper just to wait and book last minute. I been hoping for an adjustment as I see these lower guarantee category rates being offered, but no luck. Hmmm back to Celebrity after this cruise I guess, I just requested a refund on two future Carnival cruise certificates I still had left from a past sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only problem with the guarantee rates are you can't select the cabin and deck. So with an inside, it can be on any deck and sometimes in places you don't want (above/below certain ship workstations (MDR, theatre, etc.). I do have good rates so not sure if I will benefit from ES with OBC. Though, the rates on my nearest cruise (Sept) are falling some.