balcony cabin ?

scanmom

The Dream and Breeze have cove balconies. They are on deck 2. They are built into the hull of the ship. The life boats hang above. You get a couple extra square feet. Google images can give you a picture of what they look like. And you tube and give you some video. We had one on the Dream and loved it. I liked being close to the water.

....and Magic has cove balconies too. They are down close to the water and since the balcony openings are cut out of the sheet metal of the hull they are more closed in and darker. A regular balcony on deck 6 and above, are open floor to ceiling with a railing and glass below the railing......lots more sun and views of the water from your cabin.

I understand what an aft balcony cabin is, but what is a cove balcony? I'm trying to decide which balcony cabin to book, but I've never cruised before and don't know a lot about it. Thanks!

Great descriptions above and plenty of pictures on Google and videos on YouTube. I took a video of our cove balcony in the very last link of my signature for Breeze. Check it out if you'd like. I loved it!