Has Carnival improved?

Poppy42

Just a good point to remember when talking about "downhill"..... if NONE of the things had changed over the last 5-10 years and everything was just as "rosy" as you remember, you would be paying a whole lot more for your cruise (and of course you can do that on a more upscale cruise line if those things make your cruise more enjoyable).

With the cost of goods and fuel and wages having increased over the past decade, Carnival can either raise our fares to cover everything or they can change some things and discontinue some of the perks. I'd rather be on the sea for an affordable fare than worry about all the little changes.

That's just the way of the business world....

Just a good point to remember when talking about "downhill"..... if NONE of the things had changed over the last 5-10 years and everything was just as "rosy" as you remember, you would be paying a whole lot more for your cruise (and of course you can do that on a more upscale cruise line if those things make your cruise more enjoyable).

With the cost of goods and fuel and wages having increased over the past decade, Carnival can either raise our fares to cover everything or they can change some things and discontinue some of the perks. I'd rather be on the sea for an affordable fare than worry about all the little changes.

I prefer to patronize a company who is able to exceed my guest expectations and show a high level of guest service skills, while providing the type of cruise experience I am currently looking for.

My main reason for no longer sailing with Carnival has nothing to do with Carnival's cost cutting measures, considering those came after we decided to sail with other cruise lines. After a really bad experience on the Carnival Miracle, the loyalty program and subsequent cutbacks have simply reinforced our decision.

As recent as last week, this decision has been reinforced once more after having private email communications between John Heald and members of Carnival's executive team. My feedback has been noted once again and in respective areas, action has been taken.

However, all things aside, Carnival is not able to provide the type of cruise experience we are looking for at this time and will continue to sail with competing cruise lines.

Edited by Disconnections

They can't raise prices because the public refuses to pay higher rates for Carnival.

If all cruiselines would be priced equally Carnival would definitely lose some customers from their base because they just sail CCL because they are cheaper.

Some would switch cruise lines and some might be priced out and move to day trips.

Carnival does not keep the prices this low because they want too.

With all that being said Carnival may be adding new customers if RCI continues to price their cruises at prices that are from another stratosphere.

Then they can raise prices since demand would increase.

Bill