Question about Bermuda and the Navigator

canadagal

I know about the deck six and the corridor on the side looking out over the staff deck cabins but I was wondering does it make any difference whether you are on port or starboard side of this ship. More concerned whether there is much of a view while docked in Hamilton seeing as the ship is there for 3 days. Although it is nice to get fresh air etc by booking a balcony cabin I am wondering if it is worth the extra money for this location. I would hate to get a balcony and then be looking at cargo containers and industrial stuff for 3 days running. Tried to do a search as I remembered that Dolebludger was there last spring but of course the search function isn't too swift these days. Any help would be appreciated as we are seriously thinking of booking this cruise.

Thanks!

Pat

When docked at Hamilton, the starboard side faces Front Street in Hamilton (north) and the port side faces the sound (south). In St. George the port side will face the town of St. George (north) and the starboard side will face St. George's Harbor (south). To my knowledge, there is no ugly industrial site near any of the docks in Bermuda. The view is attractive in all directions.

Dolphin is correct in the location of the ship. Also in Norfolk, the starboard side faces downtown Norfolk and the other side faces the harbor. There is no container ships, etc in Bermuda. Very clean towns! When you are docked on Front street it is beautiful! You are welcomed with the town person and a photo is taken. It is very quiet on Front street at night. We had the balcony doors open. When you sail away from NY, there will be a sailaway party on the top deck. In the dinning room, in the evenings, you can see all the way to Southampton. Enjoy! I went over July 4th last year. Jan

Thank-you JanMD and Dolphins. Happy to hear that there is nothing but lovely views. The decision has been taken out of my hands as I opted for a guarantee cabin and I'll be happy with what I get and just thrilled to be going to Bermuda on the Navigator.

Pat

Pat-

When are you going????

Todd

3/15/2003 Paul Gauguin

11/10/2003 Mariner - Cruising the Chilean Fjords

4/9/2004 Leaving Lost Wages Land Cruise

11/12/2004 Mariner - Cruising the Mexican Riviera (MINT Cruise)

3.jpg?dc=4675448422710665188

Cruising Radisson - Where I belong!

Pat,

A few of us are going 6/2 on this one. I will fill in the details and I am sure Marc and Jeanne will when we return.

Kathy

6/2/04-Navigator Bermuda

9/22/04-Navigator NYC/Canada

5/03-Mariner - Panama Canal

6/01-Mariner-Alaska Inaugural

5/02-Millennium - Carribbean

12/97-RCCL Splendor of The Seas - Carribbean

1998/1993/1991 RCCL Viking Serenade

Hi Todd and ChatKat, icon_smile.gif Hubby and I are on the May 19th sailing so I guess I will be able to brief you and Marc. I was lucky that my TA was able to get an H Guarantee as all sail dates up until and including June 2 are sold out except for the higher expensive categories. I will consider this our first true Rad experience as you can't really count the P.G. It is so unique with it's location in Tahiti that no matter what happened it would be hard to come back feeling like you had a bad cruise. Not that I am anticipating a bad cruise on the Bermuda run, actually quite the opposite. I am really excited to be going and we are really looking forward to it. My husband especially, being the native Brit and history buff that he is. Me, I'm going for the scenery and relaxation. I can hear the spa calling my name. Can't wait!

Pat

Hi Pat:

I did that cruise last year on May 25 (or there abouts). Great ship and either side is good. I had a balcony and loved it. It can be very windy on deck on sea days. Too windy too even read. So I would retreat to my balcony which did not feel the effects. That is the true advantage to the balcony on this run.

Also the crossing was a little like Toad's Wild Ride, the last night before we got to Norfolk. But that part of the trip I had is always dicey. I had the dizzy feeling for 2 weeks after this cruise.

But all that being said, I would do it again in a heartbeat icon_smile.gif

Having the dizzy feeling all day today from my Diamond voyage which I got from yesterday icon_smile.gif

Phyllis

Hi yah Phyllis. Welcome home. icon_cool.gif Can't wait to hear how you liked the Diamond and your San Juan Easter cruise. Al and I almost made it on that trip with you. Thanks for your comments about the Navigator and the Bermuda crossing. I had heard from others that the Atlantic crossing can be quite choppy sometimes so I will be sure to take my ginger pills etc.

Pat

Canadagal-

We will be boarding in Norfolk 5/25 so we will have one night on the ship with you. Would love to catch up with you if possible - you can give us the scoop!!

I'm not excited about rocking & rolling but hopefully we'll have nice calm seas. My daughter sailed this trip last year when the hurricane came through and they had calm seas going & coming - go figure!

Let me know if you want to try to meet on 5/25 sometime.

Kathy

Navigator

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Kathy, I'd love to meet up with you. I checked your profile....no email address so check mine and send me an email. I'll keep your address and email you onboard the Navigator and let you know how the crossing was and where we can meet etc. How nice to have a CC friend onboard. icon_cool.gif Anyone else on this sailing?

Pat

Ah Pat - you know who would LOVE to be on your sailing... but alas I have to wait till Sept to step foot on a cruise ship.

You will have a marvelous time on your Bermuda cruise.

Eva

NY Waterways 9/16 My first Seabourn experience

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;9;16;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Ladies Only Chocolate Cruise - 12/6

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;12;6;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Oooooooooh Eva, I'm chomping at the bit just thinking about that NY cruise too. I'm a Seabourn virgin also so I'm really looking forward to the pampering. Especially looking forward to their spa experience. Don't fret September will be here soon enough.

Pat

We were on Deck 6 starboard side and loved our suite. It was too rough and wet for us to use the balcony at sea. However, we sat outside and enjoyed the view in NYC, of Front St. Hamilton Bermuda, and of the dock in Norfolk.

I thought you might like to know about the BERMUDA TOURS: We were on the Navigator Bermuda run from NYC May 28th. Our favorite tour was the National Trust tour of historic homes. Radisson arranged an excellent tour. If you are fortunate enough to be taken to the Smith's (the owners of the store by the same name) lovely home, you are in for a special treat.

We loved going to The Dockyards and took the expess ferry on our own for a fraction of the cost of the Radisson tour and without having to wait for others who want to shop for chatkas. Our friends who live on Bermuda said we shouldn't miss taking the Nonesuch Island tour. We signed up for it but Radisson's tour desk cancelled it the night before so we can't tell you if it was as wonderful as we believed it to be. The Navigator tour desk operation was not up to Radisson standards on the cruise we took.

We loved our stop in Norfolk. Although I had been to Williamsburg before to stay at the Williamsburg Inn and play golf (a fantastic course!) We signed up for the deluxe all day tour of Williamsburg and really enjoyed ourselves. Have a great cruise!

Wonderful tips gymswim, thanks! Reading what you had to say is getting me all excited......well not the rough and wet part but that comes with cruising doesn't it? One can't always predict how the seas are going to be and that's the chance you take getting on a ship. I'm intrigued by the Nonesuch tour also.

Pat

Archived