Ordering tap water from the deck waiters

richleeds

I know what you mean. It was the 'I've paid a lot for my cruise, I expect to be waited on hand, foot and finger' attitude that got to me.:rolleyes:

It just seems to be taking 'people watching' to another level to me. Are you going to sit and watch that the 'offenders' only ever order water or never get up from their sunbed etc.?

Will we be reading next about the people who leave their rooms in a bit of a mess, knowing that it will be tidied by an underpaid steward as opposed to those who try to help by keep their belongings in order?

The original post was someone who had noticed this when they were on a sunbed (which are close together, so probably could not help overhearing what was being ordered) and asked what others thought.

I think we now know what people think..

Have to say the peel me a grape scenario came to my mind, along with the little lumps turning into big lumps who were not able to get off their sunbed to stretch their legs for a few feet.

The original post was someone who had noticed this when they were on a sunbed (which are close together, so probably could not help overhearing what was being ordered) and asked what others thought.

I think we now know what people think..

Have to say the peel me a grape scenario came to my mind, along with the little lumps turning into big lumps who were not able to get off their sunbed to stretch their legs for a few feet.

It has caused a bit of a fuss, yes.

If water is ordered, those folks may be turning into 'big lumps' because they can't get up from their sunbeds, stretch their legs and get their own water.

If, however, they order and pay for a drink which is brought to their sunbed by a waiter ....;)

It just seems to be taking 'people watching' to another level to me. Are you going to sit and watch that the 'offenders' only ever order water or never get up from their sunbed etc.?

Will we be reading next about the people who leave their rooms in a bit of a mess, knowing that it will be tidied by an underpaid steward as opposed to those who try to help by keep their belongings in order?

Just to clarify,I was of course referring to the comments made on this thread. Personally I'm not a sun worshipper and I don't use the sunbeds at all, so I've never seen anyone ask for tap water. I do like to sit on my balcony with a glass of wine, or in the Crows Nest. Next time I'll check out the Crow's Nest for offenders.;)

Cos we seem to have 2 groups of people on a cruise ship.

Those that if they want iced water when on the sun deck ,will get up and walk and get it themselves

and

Those who have paid some money for the holiday, plus their grats, and will continue laying on their sunbeds, while asking the waiters to bring them iced water..(which as the water is free-waiter gets no commission on)

It is amazing how sometimes a totally innocent thread is started and seems to take on a life all of its own......and runs and runs and runs and runs