Not so much of a "upgrade fairy call"

Katmarha

I am less than 30 days out. I get "the call". I listen patiently how the PVP describes the OS room, the bathtub, the balcony, etc, etc,....I am not biting yet...I ask - what floor hmmm.......then I ask how much....look dude lets just cut to the chase. And then suddenly he is rushing ME off the phone. Because his sales pitch wasn't working and I wasn't excited about leaving my convenient room on the lido deck to spend more money for a OS. I did better researching my own upgrade. Thanks, but no thanks.

Sure they are, just a question of good for whom? :rolleyes:

Very true but sometimes it is good for both parties, Carnival to unload a more expensive cabin and the cruiser who gets a good deal and stays in a cabin he wouldnt ordinarily book.

Very true but sometimes it is good for both parties, Carnival to unload a more expensive cabin and the cruiser who gets a good deal and stays in a cabin he wouldnt ordinarily book.

If the difference was a reasonable deal and a low amount I would be willing to think about it. But it was practically all my OBC that I got getting myself to the lido balcony. Besides my DD likes the idea of having the pool and the food almost right outside her door.

I joked with her - maybe you can swim in the tub in the OS hahah!! (NOT). :)

I've never understood the use of the term "upgrade fairy" when you have to pay for the upgrade. It's really the "up sell fairy". :cool: Whether it be ship, plane or hotel, every upgrade I received was free.

I got the same call a couple of days ago and boy was he ready to get me off the phone as soon as I said I didn't think I would be interested..almost hung up on me!

Yeah because they can offer to someone else that may be interested. They have a list, so they just move on to the next person.

I had the upsell fairy call but missed the call on my cell phone but knew the number was from Miami and Carnival.

I called my PVP who gave me the extension of the PVP that was working for "inventory" and left a message. She called back (this time I answered my cell in time) and said she only has limited cabins so she does not leave messages.

Anyway went from inside Lido to Spa Balcony equal to the OBC credit I had for price reductions which I was fine for.

2nd time I got the call out of four cruises. Loved the Spa Balcony.

FWIW

I've never understood the use of the term "upgrade fairy" when you have to pay for the upgrade. It's really the "up sell fairy". :cool: Whether it be ship, plane or hotel, every upgrade I received was free.

The last time you upgraded your computer, was it free?

If the difference was a reasonable deal and a low amount I would be willing to think about it. But it was practically all my OBC that I got getting myself to the lido balcony. Besides my DD likes the idea of having the pool and the food almost right outside her door.

A couple of years ago we had a room on the lido deck on an NCL ship and my husband was in heaven! I can't even tell you the number of times he visited the ice cream machine every day. The only downfall was late at night, if it was windy, you'd practically get blown away walking by the pool area.

I am less than 30 days out. I get "the call". I listen patiently how the PVP describes the OS room, the bathtub, the balcony, etc, etc,....I am not biting yet...I ask - what floor hmmm.......then I ask how much....look dude lets just cut to the chase. And then suddenly he is rushing ME off the phone. Because his sales pitch wasn't working and I wasn't excited about leaving my convenient room on the lido deck to spend more money for a OS. I did better researching my own upgrade. Thanks, but no thanks.

I wonder if they are "real" PVP's or just calling for the upgrades to fill the ship.

I got the call today also, well mine was an email, and I called in. The lady I got did not know that interior cabin 1004 was on deck 10, walkway view cabin. She thought it was on deck 1 walk way view. (would not be much of a view).

I told her now also, I am not going to PAY more for a down grade to deck 1.

I would take a balcony for my walkaway view, if they are offering. But I am cheap and not willing to pay much extra for the change.

Well I took advantage of the "upgrade Fairy" phone call today. I am booked on the Liberty 8/22 sailing. Had an OV on deck 2, one of the L shaped rooms. Upgraded to OS on Empress deck for an additional $600. Had already saved some money on the ES fare I booked originally, so I said "whynot". Plus I plan on making this my engagement cruise so what better way to do it then to have a suite for the week! I'm happy with it.

Well I took advantage of the "upgrade Fairy" phone call today. I am booked on the Liberty 8/22 sailing. Had an OV on deck 2, one of the L shaped rooms. Upgraded to OS on Empress deck for an additional $600. Had already saved some money on the ES fare I booked originally, so I said "whynot". Plus I plan on making this my engagement cruise so what better way to do it then to have a suite for the week! I'm happy with it.

We have a premium balcony and it would be $300+ pp to upgrade one category to an OS so I think you got a good deal. Enjoy, I'm sure you'll love it! If the Liberty is a sister ship to Miracle, I have pictures of an OS in my signature below.

We have a premium balcony and it would be $300+ pp to upgrade one category to an OS so I think you got a good deal. Enjoy, I'm sure you'll love it! If the Liberty is a sister ship to Miracle, I have pictures of an OS in my signature below.

Thanks for referring me to the pictures you have! I was already on the hunt for more info so great timing! We've never even had a Balcony cabin, always OV so we are happy with the deal and very excited to boot!

I think if I moved us off our our Lido balcony DH would refuse to go ... for the same reason. lol