Sailaway Location

Stede Bonnet

Next year we'll cruise from San Juan with our three (6, 3 and <1). It is a first cruise for everyone and we've booked a large balcony (Celebrity Summit family veranda)

My question is should we attempt to join the sailaway party on the public decks?

I am concerned that it will be too crowded and noisy for us to really enjoy the experience of leaving the port.

Should we stay on our balcony and watch from there instead, leaving the public decks to quieter times?

I know we can always try the deck party and leave if it is not enjoyable but I would like the views of others with young children

Of course you should "attempt" it! Lol! I've never heard anyone be too concerned about sailaway!

Sailaway isn't a fast process! Go to the public deck, see if the fun atmosphere is for you, and if it isn't, head to your cabin! I don't think your kids will be "freaked out" at all...it's simply folks standing at the rail, looking (and maybe drinking!) as the ship leaves port. Near the pools, there may be some line-dancing going on...folks will wave to the other boats in port....

Sailaway, while a big part of most cruisers plans, isn't some raucous frat party!!

Edited by cb at sea