La Caruna to Santiago de Compostela

Breakfastbar

Hi

My wife and I are doing the Western Med on Oceana in late September and thinking of doing La Caruna to Santiago de Compostela under our own steam: i.e taxi to railway station then train to Santiago, but as it will be a Sunday don`t know if this is a good idea. Has anyone done the same recently and could offer any advice please? Thanks.

Easily 'doable' providing your port hours are the same as ours were last October. Docked shortly after 8 on a Sunday. One of the first off, taxi to the train station, bit of a wait, but I see Renfe train timetable has trains on a Sunday at about 9:45 which sounds about right. Fast train to Santiago de Compostella. Time to walk from station up hill to Cathedral. Caught midday mass which although crowded was worth seeing the swinging incense burner. Time to look around to catch train back, got train last but one which would get us back before ship sailed, so we're back with enough time(probably around 3pm) to walk from station to port for a sail away about 4pm if I remember correctly. Check out train times and prices on Renfe website. Think the taxi may have been about 10 euros, but others may have better memory than mine!

Thanks very much for the info Neil. I`ll check the train times and fares as you suggested. Hopefully the docking and sailing times won`t be that much difference to yours so should be able to do it ourselves.

Hi breakfastbar, I take it you are on E425 on the 19th Sep. if you are we have a roll call for this cruise, why don't you follow the link and join.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1973306

Gan Canny

Dai

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by daiB

Hi Bronte30, just seen the reference on the roll call page to a change of itinerary. Apologies, I should have looked there before replying to you, thanks for letting us know which is more than our tour operator has done up to now anyway.:)

I'm sorry, I received email from P&O this morning, telling me that the itinerary had been changed. I assumed everyone had received it. I thought they would have told everyone, not just the ones that booked direct with them.

Carol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, I received email from P&O this morning, telling me that the itinerary had been changed. I assumed everyone had received it. I thought they would have told everyone, not just the ones that booked direct with them.

Carol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do not have the details either.

Do you think you could post them.

Thanks

Dai

I do not have the details either.

Do you think you could post them.

Thanks

Dai

Just found them on the P&O website under the cruise, they have changed them already. First stop now Gibraltar with an afternoon stop. That will be good for getting supplies for the rest of the cruise. :)

Gan Canny

Dai