UK Reviews of the Week by JKnight, LIMPIT & rarin2go!

Admin

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select three cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Saga Sapphire First time cruise - Norwegian Fjords Saga Sapphire May 2014 by JKnight

As I was unsure about a cruise I decided to start with a short one. Suffice to say the next one will be longer! As a treat for our 50th birthday (making us just old enough to qualify) my twin sister and I cruised the beautiful Norwegian Fjords from Dover, calling at Bergen, Olden, Flåm, and Stavanger. From the outset this was a hugely enjoyable Saga experience. From being picked up (and dropped off) from my home address, the check-in procedure, embarkation, excursions, disembarkation and everything between, Saga had it all covered and it went like clockwork. Continue reading... First time cruise - Norwegian Fjords Saga Sapphire May 2014

Celebrity Reflection First Time with Celebrity.....Loved It by LIMPIT

Brief Profile : We reside in Essex, UK, young minded early 50`s, have previously cruised with Princess, Carnival, MSC, Royal Caribbean and consider ourselves to be reasonably well travelled. This was our first trip with Celebrity, and selected this cruise because : i) We wanted to try the brand ii) The Reflection received very good reviews iii) We were attracted by the itinerary iv) The AFT Balcony cabin deal with Drink Package and reduced Gratuities was very attractive. The Celebrity arranged flight out of Heathrow with Airtalia and transfer to Port at Civitavecchia went without any problems (Even though because of a block booking by Celebrity to the Airline we were unable to check in on-line prior to the flight), upon arrival at Port we were walking up the gangplank and were drinking our reception glass of bubbly within 45 mins of our arrival at Port. Continue reading... First Time with Celebrity.....Loved It

Seven Seas Mariner Seven Seas Mariner, Venice to Monte Carlo, June 2014 by rarin2go

As I have previously reviewed a Mariner Mediterranean cruise, this review concentrates on areas where our experience differed this time. Pre-cruise hotel & transfers We arrived in Venice on a BA flight from LGW around 4pm local time. Regent's local reps greeted us at the exit after baggage collect. We waited until all the expected passengers had been assembled then we set off by foot to the water taxi station. This is about a 10 minute walk and with the high humidity and temperature in the 80s in the non-existent shade was quite taxing. Our bags had been colour-coded to indicate whether we were in the Excelsior or the Hilton Molino Stucky. We then had a 15 minute wait for the water taxis to arrive – again no shade was available and it was not a pleasant experience even for the younger passengers. Continue reading... Seven Seas Mariner, Venice to Monte Carlo, June 2014

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Edited by Admin