Past Guest Sale & Early Saver Price Drop

bluesman0711

Did anyone else have a problem getting their price drop with the current Past Guest sale?

I submitted two different price protection forms and was rejected both times, even though I could see the drop on Fare Viewer and a mock booking.

When I called Carnival the rep was nice but said the mock booking she performed indicated an upcharge on my fare for 4F on deck 7, while mine indicated free upgrades up through 4G or deck 8.

After saying she couldn't explain the difference, she transferred me to another rep who saw what I saw and had my price reduction completed in less than a minute or so.

Just saying you may need to double check your rate and keep bubbling up your issue until you get satisfaction, the sale ends 7/26.

I am currently going through the same issue with Carnival, as I wanted to upgrade my cabin from an interior to a balcony for all of $200 for a 7 day booking. She couldn't find the rate I was quoting.... I am currently waiting for a call back.

I am currently going through the same issue with Carnival, as I wanted to upgrade my cabin from an interior to a balcony for all of $200 for a 7 day booking. She couldn't find the rate I was quoting.... I am currently waiting for a call back.

Keep calling, don't wait for a call back.

I had trouble this morning, but finally got them. I did a print screen and emailed them to my PVP. He said he had to contact the "revenue department". They told him the rates hadn't been loaded into their booking system yet. He was able to put the price drop through after speaking with them. I was very frustrated and spent like an hour messing with it but in the end saved $160, so was worth it.

Same thing with me.

This past guest sale isn't loaded into their system...they have to do a fake booking via carnivals regular site to see it is what they lady I just spent two hours with said.

But for $470 OBC and upgrade from empress to lido, I'm cool with watching tv while on hold

I got a price reduction yesterday and then again today. Both times they were denied online, so I called. The first time, she couldn't find it right away and quoted a different price... But she eventually found it.... Today was super easy. Keep up on it, get your $$ back ;)

Same thing with me.

This past guest sale isn't loaded into their system...they have to do a fake booking via carnivals regular site to see it is what they lady I just spent two hours with said.

But for $470 OBC and upgrade from empress to lido, I'm cool with watching tv while on hold

Thats exactly what I was told, it wasn't in their system and they had to do a mock booking as well. Thankfully mine only took an hour total on the phone.

Do you think this would apply to someone who originally booked during a past guest sale. They keep telling me since we didn't book early saver(yet we booked our cruise 10 months in advance) that we don't qualify for any price drops or OBC.

This past guest promotion is for guarantee cabins only ..... So if you have ES and have picked your cabin, and do NOT want to move.... This new sale will not work for you ( or me, per carnival rep)

Actually--the Past Guest Sale has both Guarantee and chose your own. The GTY option is still less expensive, at least for my cruise.

Actually--the Past Guest Sale has both Guarantee and chose your own. The GTY option is still less expensive, at least for my cruise.

Was just told by carnival rep the the past guest sale going on for 2 days is for guarantee only....

I hear what your are saying.. Thinking, because I did a mock booking under this sale and picked the option to pick your own room... And it defaults to guarantee.... That is why I called to make sure there wasn't a glitch in the system.... So no price drop for me, unless I switch to a balcony guarantee .

This past guest promotion is for guarantee cabins only ..... So if you have ES and have picked your cabin, and do NOT want to move.... This new sale will not work for you ( or me, per carnival rep)

Not exactly true. I have ES and do not want to move. On the first call I was told what you state above. After we hung up, I went in and did a mock booking with the chose my cabin option. The price was lower and so I called my TA again. Got a different rep. They called carnival again and I received a $100 obc and kept my same room. This was about 2 hours ago.

I had an issue trying to get my price match this morning ... she told me that they hadn't put in the rate code yet. Took a little while on the phone, but we got it worked out.

She had told me it was for guarantee balconies at first, before we went through a mock booking together and that's when she figured out that the correct rate code wasn't in there.

She was very helpful and friendly ... and I got my price matched to the lower rate. And I still have the same cabin I picked when we booked.

Edited by christyran1228

Not exactly true. I have ES and do not want to move. On the first call I was told what you state above. After we hung up, I went in and did a mock booking with the chose my cabin option. The price was lower and so I called my TA again. Got a different rep. They called carnival again and I received a $100 obc and kept my same room. This was about 2 hours ago.

Was your OBC because you've already paid in full? That was your price-matching?

Do you think this would apply to someone who originally booked during a past guest sale. They keep telling me since we didn't book early saver(yet we booked our cruise 10 months in advance) that we don't qualify for any price drops or OBC.

From what you are describing you booked under a past guest rate. Early saver is a different rate.

just because you book 10 months out does not mean you are early saver. When you book you have to specifically book under the early saver rate and not past guest or any other rate.

Bill

I have a ES on hold but was wondering if I book it could I then call back and get the past guest price or not? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

as long as you or someone in your cabin has sailed Carnival before than yes you can book ES and then get the past guest rate.

Bill

There are two past guest rates showing, at least for my cruise there is. There is a guarantee which the reps are seeing, but there is also a pick your cabin one that is not showing up in their systems. After an hour on the phone I got a price drop for 4 cabins and kept all the same cabins. I would check again to be sure. My PVP was adament that I was wrong until he called another department.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Forums mobile app

THANK YOU for this thread. I just saved $60.00 on my 12/28/14 booking using the pick your own cabin option.

It was so easy, I called Carnival and right away my very professional rep gave it to me. Took a total of 5 Minutes.

I was also able to save $40.00 prior on the Vacation sale so I feel like I am on a role!

I'm early saver, I called last night about the past guest sale and was told that Carnival would pick my room, I said NO, and hung up.

This morning I called, spent 20 min, got $170 obc, based on Past Guest rate, and keeping my cabin. Don't use fare viewer to check rate. You have to do mock booking on Carnival.

I too did the "past guest sale" yesterday, having an ES booking already in place. Yes, they could only find the GTY rate until they realized they needed to put in the "VIFP" number of me. Once they did that, it popped right up.

I saved $70 for wife/me so it was worth the 45 minute phone call. Just time out of the day for me since I am retired now. They kept telling me it was just for the GTY but I had it in front of me where I could pick the cabin.

So, be persistent. Also let them know they need to use your VIFP #.

Steve

From what you are describing you booked under a past guest rate. Early saver is a different rate.

just because you book 10 months out does not mean you are early saver. When you book you have to specifically book under the early saver rate and not past guest or any other rate.

Bill

Thank you so much! I appreciate your reply.

THANK YOU for this thread. I just saved $60.00 on my 12/28/14 booking using the pick your own cabin option.

It was so easy, I called Carnival and right away my very professional rep gave it to me. Took a total of 5 Minutes.

I was also able to save $40.00 prior on the Vacation sale so I feel like I am on a role!

You're welcome!

I have received a lot of great advice here, and thought there may be others who were rejected and might just give up leaving some money on the table.

I had to do a mock booking with the carnival rep on the phone and then she was able to see the "choose your own cabin " rate that I was seeing. She was very nice, apologized profusely (which I said wasn't a problem) and I received $100 OBC. I would suggest walking the rep through a mock booking step by step. Like others on this thread have stated, the computers may not have all the booking info downloaded into the reps system.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app