Arriving the night before

sandymac

I have read on many trip reports that embarkation was make easy b/c they arrived the night before and were able to check in through their hotel.

Does anyone know anything about this??? Is it only specific hotels that do this?? Do you have to book your hotel through carnival??

We will be arriving in Miami the night before our cruise. This is our first cruise and we will be traveling with 3 children, so anything that will make the process easier would be a huge help.

Thank you

Sandy

Sandy- not all hotels do that. I think one or two do. and it depends on how many people are booked into the hotel.

Arriving the night before- gives you a leadway in case of problems with airlines cancelling your flight. You arrive at the pier in the morning fresh and can enjoy the first day of your cruise not entirely jet weariy from traveling.

I don't travel on Carnival, I use HAL, and i book my own airfare, etc. I always travel the day before (arriving early in the day if possible) to avoid any possible connections problems or luggage delays. I don't even think the night before is enough time, IMHO. Many hotels or motels near a cruise port have free shuttles that will take you to the port as part of their "extras."

In the past, we have booked cruise and air with a travel agent...they took our baggage at the airport and we didn't see it again until we were on the ship...so we just had our carry-on to worry about......Since Sept 11th, they don't do that anymore. Everyone has to accompany their baggage and check it in themselves.

It did make it easier, but due to security these days, not possible.

We still like to go a day early, for all the same reasons as everyone else.

You can relax, get up the moring of your cruise and get to the dock early to checkin.

By noon on the departure day, we have usually dropped our stuff in our room, done a quickie look around the ship and are up on the pool deck, sitting in a lounge chair in our bathing suits, eating the wonderful buffet they have put on for us, and sipping on a Mango Tango! Cheers...lol

Jo :)

Archived