NCL Jewel 08/16/14 Tips please

mjcatlvr

Hello, 1st time poster. Have been on 3 cruises myself, but it has been "forever a go", so treat me like a first timer. Traveling with Husband, 2 sons (22 and 19), MIL and FIL. We will be celebrating our 25th ann. and the MIL and FIL will be celebrating their 50th. First, will our cell phones work on the ship for texting each other to coordinate dining or shows etc? Or, is there another way to communicate? What about WIFI? We are planning on not going with the dining package since after review of the menus in the free dining places, it seems that we will have plenty of choices each night. I have seen some comments here about folks not getting a seat, what times would be best for us to get a seat? Our excursions are all set for all ports except Vancouver. What should we do there? And what about Seattle the day before, as we will have the whole day. Thank you in advance for your help.:)

Our excursions are all set for all ports except Vancouver. What should we do there?

I wouldn't book anything in Vancouver since the Jewel will not be going to Vancouver on the 8/16 sailing. Perhaps you meant Victoria? Butchart Gardens is, of course, very popular. If you go there, book it as a tour. The cab ride from the pier to the Gardens is expensive. Sightseeing in the downtown area near Empress Hotel and the Parliament building is fantastic, too.

Cell phones / texting: http://www.ncl.com/about/staying-connected-sea-cellular-phone-service-texting

iConcierge service on the Jewel - allows for messaging and other features using the ship's wifi network: http://www.ncl.com/downloads/iconcierge

Staying connected @ Sea, Internet Access: http://www.ncl.com/about/staying-connected-sea-internet-access

Day before in Seattle - pick your hotel... usually close to the pier... go for a walk... see Pike's Place Market... the Needle... ride the Big Wheel....great restaurants...the downtown and waterfront areas are a great place to hang out for a day. Lots to do...

Edited by triptolemus

Well Happy Anniversary to you also. We are really excited for our upcoming cruise and we don't want to miss anything, so trying to do our research ahead of time with the help of this amazing CC community!