Jewel question

Floridanamaw

I was reading a review on the Jewel here the other day that mentioned which MDR was open on embarkment day to eat at besides the buffet and now I can't find it. Anyone know? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm not sure about the review, however I do know that fleet-wide at least one MDR is open on every ship. :D BTW, I love the Jewel!

Hope this helps,

Cherie

Tsar's Palace on deck 6 aft is open for lunch on embarkment day.

Go to the aft of the ship on deck 7 to take the stairs down into the entrance to the dining room. There should not be too many people there, and if you're lucky, can get a table at the rear windows.

Have a wonderful cruise!

I was reading a review on the Jewel here the other day that mentioned which MDR was open on embarkment day to eat at besides the buffet and now I can't find it. Anyone know? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are a few active threads about this. EVERY NCL ship has the MDR open.

By the way, sometimes it is hard to find messages when the title is very short and not specific. Try to be more descriptive.

By the way, sometimes it is hard to find messages when the title is very short and not specific. Try to be more descriptive.

Your continued crusade to encourage the use of descriptive thread titles is honorable. Your perseverance in the face of absolute hopelessness is inspiring. Keep on keepin' on!

Yes! Tsar's Palace on deck 6 AFT (you have to get there by deck 7) is open on embarkation day. They open at 12:00. (At least they have in the past.)

Sometimes there is staff "lurking" near the stairs that take you to the entrance to Tsar's Palace, and they may gently suggest that the buffet is open. You can politely decline. Even if you're early and have to stand there to wait for the MDR to open - much more relaxed and nicer to eat in the MDR than at the crowded, hectic buffet.

A lot of people do not know that the MDR is open on embarkation day, so everyone is at the buffet. A good place to stay away from.

Enjoy!!

Yes! Tsar's Palace on deck 6 AFT (you have to get there by deck 7) is open on embarkation day. They open at 12:00. (At least they have in the past.)

Sometimes there is staff "lurking" near the stairs that take you to the entrance to Tsar's Palace, and they may gently suggest that the buffet is open. You can politely decline. Even if you're early and have to stand there to wait for the MDR to open - much more relaxed and nicer to eat in the MDR than at the crowded, hectic buffet.

A lot of people do not know that the MDR is open on embarkation day, so everyone is at the buffet. A good place to stay away from.

Enjoy!!

I know we'll be eating at O'Sheehan's on embarktion day. :)

Your continued crusade to encourage the use of descriptive thread titles is honorable. Your perseverance in the face of absolute hopelessness is inspiring. Keep on keepin' on!

My head is bleeding and wall is covered in blood!

There are a few active threads about this. EVERY NCL ship has the MDR open.

I did a search for the Jewel and found all sorts of good information, just not the info I was looking for. Granted, all I search was "Jewel". I didn't add dining to the search.

Thanks for the information.