Upgrading after purchase deals?

just4steven

Hello,

I have been tracking a cruise for a few months and just today I finally received the decent early saver email for it. Here is the problem. This will only be our 2nd cruise. On our first cruise we had an extended balcony, so at the very least we are looking for a regular balcony. So I logged in and went right to the cruise I wanted on the same date I have been tracking and I see the interior rooms are a great price, but the balcony price never changed from what I have been seeing.

So my question is, can you book an interior at this low price and then later try to call, or better yet maybe they call or email you to see if you want to upgrade to a balcony for "x" amount price? We were just spoiled by the balcony so do not want to book an interior and be stuck, and of course do not want to book an interior with the option to upgrade but the upgrade to the balcony would end up being more than what I am seeing now. Hope this made sense, basically just wondering if the odds are good or a certainty that we will eventually be able to upgrade somehow for a better price than what the balconies are currently going for.

Thanks!

It's just a roll of the dice. You might get an upsell call or you might not. The rates in each cabin category can and do adjust frequently and independently of other rates.

It does seem like as it gets closer to the cruise they do try to offer upgrades to OV or BL so they can more easily book the cheaper insides, but there isn't really any guarantee with that.

If you aren't going to be happy with an inside cabin and don't want to take a chance with not getting an upgrade for a good price then I would probably try to go with a Balcony guarantee for the best rate.

And if you can book far enough in advance to get the Early Saver rate then you will be able to take advantage of any price drops up to 3 days before you sail.

I personally love inside cabins. I really don't use my cabin for anything but sleeping and changing. I'm not a smoker, but that policy is changing anyway. And by booking insides I can usually squeeze a 3rd or 4th cruise in with the savings.