Upgrades?

atdahop

Ask for a meta upgrade. That means they will move you to the next category - a full suite - not just another minisuite if indeed you are upgraded. It has happened. I don't know how common it is. Seems like I read more about people being offered upsells to full suites. These can still be a good opportunity to pay less than full price for a suite, but they are not the same as a free upgrade.

Has anyone ever been upgraded from a Mini Suite to a Full Suite? I always request no upgrade but maybe I should rethink that.

We were upgraded from a Mini to a VS Suite once and Once we were offered an Upsell.

I know that the dream upgrade is rare but they do happen occasionally. My DH and I booked a gty balcony on the Grand once and were upgraded to an Aft Owners Suite with all of the amenities. While it's not the norm, there is always a chance. I have seen it said on here by seasoned cruisers to book what you will be happy with. An upgrade is icing on the cake.

We have found in our Princess travels that suite upgrades are usually done with new Princess cruisers in order to hook them. We have heard countless stories from passengers with 0 cruises given suite upgrades.

Upgraded from insides/OV's/balconies. :(

We have found in our Princess travels that suite upgrades are usually done with new Princess cruisers in order to hook them. We have heard countless stories from passengers with 0 cruises given suite upgrades.

Upgraded from insides/OV's/balconies. :(

FYI, We are Elites and got upgraded to a suite.

We have done 22 cruises with Princess, are Elite, and never gotten a Meta upgrade....:(. Poor me!

I have heard others talk about it...guess we are not that lucky....

We were upgraded from a balcony to a mini suite on the Royal in a "move-over" offer. That's the only time for us, but I didn't consider it an upgrade. It was more of an enticement for us to accept the move-over offer.