Red Frog Pub

pearose

We always figure its either people from wedding parties, diamond/platinum priority boarding..FTTF boarding, and B2B's that would get there first.. This will be our first time making a run for the Red Frog pub when we sail Oct 25.. We always get zone 3 boarding (wheelchair) so hubby says he plans on making a run for it to see if he can get the free beer.. lol.. wish us luck! I'll definitely let you know when we get back.. or you just might see our photo on JH facebook page.. lol

lol good luck! Let us know how it goes. We will be doing the same thing come February!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have to ask..........Frog balls? What exactly is this? And I guess that means there is a charge for the wings? How much are those?

The wings were $3.33 per order. I think there were six wings. Frog Balls are deep fried black beans. They have quite a kick to them.

I really enjoyed the coconut shrimp!! Goes great with Red Frog Ale :)

I'm interested to know if someone can tell me what their pub (food) operating hours are (maybe just a general idea). Also, are there any food items that you would recommend, or more importantly, any food items to stay away from?

Red Frog Pub is kind of open upon embarkation. We were first on Breeze and Magic. Both times we could only get beer. The bartenders told us the registers were not quite booted up yet. The Thirsty Frog Ales were delicious!

We hope for a third successful win on Legend. :D

If the drinks were free, why would it matter whether the registers were working yet. Surely they don't need a register to hand you a free drink.

If the drinks were free, why would it matter whether the registers were working yet. Surely they don't need a register to hand you a free drink.
...it has to be registered for inventory reasons and you get an entry on your S&S account with a zero amount--no free drinks among crew members.

...it has to be registered for inventory reasons and you get an entry on your S&S account with a zero amount--no free drinks among crew members.

Very true .............. I had a free drink coupon in my cabin ( Platinum perk) to be used during brunch in the dining room. The waitress took my order & came back with my beer and had to sign for it. On my S&S acct it showed the transaction with a $0 entry.

Plausible and logical. However, if it is all about inventory control, then 1 item per sailing isn't going to make a difference, particularly if it is a measured drink (as opposed to a sealed unit). They are probably plus or minus 10 times that by the end of each cruise in each liquor variety.