123 GO Alaska offer

GatorMomInNC

So I got all excited last night when I received an email around 6pm from Celebrity offering 2 of the 123Go options on Alaska cruises. I have an Alaska cruise booked and previously got 1 of the options and was thrilled to see they were now offering the 2nd one. I read the fine print and it appeared my cruise qualified. I called right away and dealt with a very pleasant person from Celebrity, but she seemed puzzled about the email. She put me on hold for awhile and eventually said she would have to call me back, she was going to have to talk to her supervisor.

I never received a call back so I called Celebrity when I got home from work tonight and again spoke with a pleasant woman. Unfortunately, I was told that the email was sent out in error and a corrective email had already been sent out. I asked her to double check because the first email was very clear and I hadn't received a 2nd email. But she again said the email was in error and they would be sending out a corrective one. Sure enough, a little while later I got a "clarification" email.

Anyway, very bummed and I was just wondering if a lot of people got this email, and did anyone else call? I get offers from all different cruise lines every day and this is the first time I've seen this kind if "clarification".

Anyway, very bummed and I was just wondering if a lot of people got this email, and did anyone else call? I get offers from all different cruise lines every day and this is the first time I've seen this kind if "clarification".

Hi GatorMomInNC,

Sorry for your disappointment. I received both Alaska emails today - the first one showing pick 2 of the 123GO offers, and the second email, correcting it to one offer. It's unfortunate, but mistakes happen.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise !

Hi GatorMomInNC,

Sorry for your disappointment. I received both Alaska emails today - the first one showing pick 2 of the 123GO offers, and the second email, correcting it to one offer. It's unfortunate, but mistakes happen.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise !

Thanks, I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one who got it. Yes, mistakes happen, Celebrity was very pleasant, it was just odd, that's all. But it certainly will not effect my cruise, that will be awesome i am sure!