Reviews of Pay Restaurants on IOS?

Would like to hear some reviews of the pay restaurants on Independence. Will be sailing the Christmas cruise and want to try at least one night in one of them. I am a big seafood eater where my husband is more a steak and potatoes man. Thanks in advance. Not sure we are down for a 5 course meal though :o

I sailed on Indy in June last year and May this year and ate in Giovanni's Table on both cruises.

If you had asked your question earlier in the year I would have been so positive about my dining experience there. The food, staff and ambience were lovely and I couldn't fault it. However, this May the staff were different and had a couldn't care less attitude. The food was only average and what was annoying is that we had a table booked for ages as we were celebrating a birthday in our party and they didn't seem ready for our booking. They showed us to one table, once they made us stand there whilst they put some tables together (there were only five of us) then they moved us, then they wanted to move us again and we said no. All in all not a great experience.

We are going on Indy again in November....we will not be going back.

I sailed on Indy in June last year and May this year and ate in Giovanni's Table on both cruises.

If you had asked your question earlier in the year I would have been so positive about my dining experience there. The food, staff and ambience were lovely and I couldn't fault it. However, this May the staff were different and had a couldn't care less attitude. The food was only average and what was annoying is that we had a table booked for ages as we were celebrating a birthday in our party and they didn't seem ready for our booking. They showed us to one table, once they made us stand there whilst they put some tables together (there were only five of us) then they moved us, then they wanted to move us again and we said no. All in all not a great experience.

YIKES!! Not good! Thanks for your input and hoping to hear from others :eek:

Sorry it is so negative as I love Indy and sailing on her hence why I am going back. I will be sad to see her leaving the UK.

The MDR food was extremely good and I actually thought I would have preferred to eat there that night rather than GTs.

We went in January and the food and service was excellent.

Colleen

We went in January and the food and service was excellent.

Colleen

Yes, we went June last year and had the same, nothing but an excellent meal and service, couldn't fault a thing hence why we went back this May and not the same experience at all. Just goes to show what a difference the staff make.

I ate at both Giovanna's and Chops in April and loved both of them! There were three of us and we each thought the food and service was fantastic. You have to have the risotto at Giovanna's as it was out of this world. I also had the lamb chops which were very good as well. I had the fillet at Chops and it was so good. Loved everything about it and will go back in a second. Also, don't forget that that there is a discount on the first night so do take advantage of that.