OBC not showing on account

cruisinluvin

I booked through Travelocity who was offering an OBC. I don't see this posted to my NCL account. I have researched and I see that it usually will not post until the 2nd day of your cruise because something has to charge first in order for it to credit. OKay, this is fine. However, I can prepay my gratuities through my account, which is what I would prefer to do, but is this going to mess up my OBC credit? I specifically chose to have the credit apply to gratuities (and yes, this can happen since it's not an OBC from Norwegian) but when I click to add it, it says it will charge the whole $168. So if I pay the full amount now, will it credit back the $50 on the second day? Any input it greatly appreciated.

The only OBC you will see will be credit directly from NCL - if you have credit through your TA then that will not show on the NCL website. When you board there should be a note in your room showing the credit. BUT:

Make sure that you contact the TA a few days before you sail to confirm your credit. Take a copy of proof of the OBC with you on the cruise. Then once on board, within the first few days, go to Guest Relations and have them check that the OBC is showing on your account.

We have always had a good experience with our TA about this. But one time they did leave off the OBC for my mother's cabin. We did not discover the error until the night before we disembarked - too late for them to email the TA. The TA applied it to her next sailing, but they did forget.

So always follow up, sooner than later.

No, anything you purchase before the cruise is charged to your credit card and Will not be refunded once you board.

We had vouchers in our cabin that had to be signed and turned in to the Purser's desk, then the OBC appeared on our account the 2nd day.

Call NCL and ask for a copy of your amenities page. That should show the OBC and whether it is Refundable or Non-refundable. Just because the OBC comes from Travelocity, doesn't mean it is refundable. It could still be from NCL in a round about fashion through Travelocity.

Thanks for the information!

When I filled out the form through Travelocity to get the OBC, they specifically asked what I wanted the credit to apply to and gratuities was one of the options. Why have it as an option if it's not able to be done? I could be wrong but that would be pretty dumb on their part.

And so you're saying that if I pre-pay the gratuities, they will not apply my OBC to it? (and basically give me that money back?)

I think I get what you mean... it will already be charged and therefore they wont refund the credit BUT the credit will be put onto my account to use for other things... right?

And also, upon inspecting my reservation more on the NCL page... I do see it says this:

Amenity Details

• AMO50

So perhaps it is there... but just wont apply til I get on board.

I think I get what you mean... it will already be charged and therefore they wont refund the credit BUT the credit will be put onto my account to use for other things... right?

And also, upon inspecting my reservation more on the NCL page... I do see it says this:

Amenity Details

• AMO50

So perhaps it is there... but just wont apply til I get on board.

I also have AMO50 on my booking. It is a PER CABIN credit from a travel agent. Other onboard credit I have listed is PER PERSON and it is shown, for example, as OB150 ($150 per person onboard credit from NCL).

Anything through a TA will be in credit on your ship. If you pay for anything through the NCL website before you sail, you have to pay for that with your money. It would be better not to prepay for your tips and let them apply the credit daily to your bill.

Don't know why Travelocity asked how you wanted it applied - The OBC goes on your account as a lump - it's not "applied" to specific items.

Since you want to use the OBC for the gratuities, forget about the advance "payment" or any arrangement for them. Just sail away and the items will offset on your ship's account - no problem at all.