Carnival Glory Pools...

Teends

You are absolutely correct. I had it aft backwards! :p

Actually I started this whole mess by calling it the "Forward" pool. So the rear pool that has the 2 hot tubs and the pizzaeria is NOT accessible to kids???

Actually I started this whole mess by calling it the "Forward" pool. So the rear pool that has the 2 hot tubs and the pizzaeria is NOT accessible to kids???

Yes, exactly. I too was refering to that pool. LOL

That is correct. The covered AFT pool and hot tubs by Pirate Pizza are Adults only.

Where would one find that out if not on this forum? I can't recall seeing anywhere that it is adults only. It's kind of weird given that Serenity is not close. Does anyone else agree?

Where would one find that out if not on this forum? I can't recall seeing anywhere that it is adults only. It's kind of weird given that Serenity is not close. Does anyone else agree?

I didn't like the fact that they made a covered pool area Adults only when I took my granddaughter on the Glory. A couple of days it rained and it would have been nice had I been able to take her swimming.

I didn't like the fact that they made a covered pool area Adults only when I took my granddaughter on the Glory. A couple of days it rained and it would have been nice had I been able to take her swimming.

We had the same thoughts since that ship used to do the Canadian cruises. It was sleeting on our cruise last year and we could hardly use the pool with our niece.

Also who puts an adult pool in the same place as the pizza place and the ice cream machines?!

There are signs right there that say ADULTS ONLY. I don't think I took a pic any of the 3 times I was on her, but I'll look.

There are signs right there that say ADULTS ONLY. I don't think I took a pic any of the 3 times I was on her, but I'll look.

I guess what I mean to ask is how would I have found that out before I got onboard? I don't recall seeing that anywhere so I would have been pissed if I got onboard looking forward to taking my kids to that back pool only to learn that I couldn't.

I just got off the Glory 2 weeks ago and the aft pool (by the pizza and ice cream machines) is definitely adults only and there are signs stating that as well. Since the Serenity deck is open this pool area is less crowded now and I was always able to get a lounger and swim whenever I wanted to.

For kids there is the Dolphin pool...by Guy's Burgers/Blue Iguana and then in the mid ship area (by the steakhouse area) there is another pool and hot tub and then all the way forward on deck 12? there is a blue water slide.

The pizzeria is accessible to kids. the AFT pool and hot tubs are not accessible to kids.

We chose the Glory because of the adult pool! We cruised many times with our children when they were younger, but now that we are empty nesters we gravitate to the adult areas:) The adult pool area is one of the things I loved about the Disney Dream!!

Teresa

Like someone posted there are two pools for families. There is the Dolphin pool which is by Guys Burgers/Blue Iguana (go one level above and there are two hot tubs)

634aa995-de40-409f-b160-3918615b9e4e_zpsdea2355b.jpg

and then another pool and hot tub a few levels about that (right where the slide ends) and the slide itself, this picture shows both

IMG_0294_zpsfd913c5a.jpg

and then the adults only pool with two hot tubs

IMG_0350_zps6dc8f2fc.jpg

plus the serenity area with two hot tubs

Also there is a page of the fun times (this one is from Grand Turk day) that lists open times for the pools

grandturkpage4001_zpsf3845612.jpg

The information is listed in the Funtimes.

Right, the Funtimes, something you get when you're already onboard. I've taken a look at the deck plans and I see that the pool one level above the main Lido deck pool is indeed another decent sized pool so that's good!

Right, the Funtimes, something you get when you're already onboard. I've taken a look at the deck plans and I see that the pool one level above the main Lido deck pool is indeed another decent sized pool so that's good!

Yes, you get the Funtimes once you board. Prior to that, there is Cruise Critic, Google searches, or a quick phone call to your TA or Carnival to get answers to any questions you might have.

Edited by Out to sea!